Oscraps

2022-05 Vicki Robinson May Get Creative Monthly Challenge**CLOSED--WINNER ANNOUNCED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hello, my friends! Esther here with you and bringing you some more creative fun. I will be helping Vicki monthly with a brand new challenge. The challenges will vary from month to month, and we are looking forward to having you join in on this fun journey with us! To be eligible for a $15.00 coupon drawing after the year's challenges are completed, you'll need to track your challenge entries in this thread.

There's this saying "that less is more." Sometimes in layouts, less is more!! For May, we are going to create a clean and simple style (also known as minimalistic) layout with the following:
  • The background paper should be either solid in color or only have a subtle pattern. Only one paper may be used for the background. (The goal is to make the photo and the elements be the focal point and heavy patterned/artsy pages can take the focus off that).
  • In this type of layout, element choices are super important as you want to select the elements that best complement your photo. We also don't want too many elements, for this challenge we will be using NO more than 10 elements. Elements can be a frame, paint splatters, buttons, flowers, foliage, messy strings, stitching, gesso, etc).
  • Only one photo is allowed.
  • Wordart or journaling is allowed. Journaling should be minimal, 10 or less words and it should be sized so that it does not take away from the photo.
  • We also want to keep the focus on a small area of the page--the photo and the elements should only take up about 1/4th of the page.
  • Templates and journal cards are NOT allowed.
Here is my example:
seNaJPm.jpg

Here are some examples from the Creative Team:
by @anke55
iXCTjNU.jpg

by @*gina*
GMuE7KB.jpg

Challenge Rules​

Eligible participants will be entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to Vicki Robinson's shop. The winner will be notified by a private message (conversation) here in the Oscraps forum — the week after the challenge ends. Entries may be featured on the Oscraps blog, Vicki's website, in her newsletter, or on other social media.

To be eligible for the $5.00 coupon drawing:
  • Create a clean and simple style layout following the above guidelines.
  • All products used on your page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs.
  • Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery, be sure to list all of the products you used in the credits area, and then come back here to link us up to your layout. Instructions are below.
  • No double-dipping… your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
  • This challenge will run until May 31, 2022.
Don't forget to subscribe to Vicki's newsletter, you'll get loads of freebies and exclusive coupons, along with a heads up on her new releases and tutorials.

If you have any questions, please tag me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I can't wait to see what you create.

---------------

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
  • Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
  • This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.
  • We also have a video tutorial if you prefer.

SharLamb

Sharron
Here's mine. Despite spending most of my time on art journaling, I love minimalist too. I am somehow not getting how to post the example. I thought I followed the directions, but I don't see the LO here. So I'm putting a link to it. Sorry. I'm a Techno Dummy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
Here's mine. Despite spending most of my time on art journaling, I love minimalist too. I am somehow not getting how to post the example. I thought I followed the directions, but I don't see the LO here. So I'm putting a link to it. Sorry. I'm a Techno Dummy.

I love that you tried minimalist! Very cool!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O

Love the doodle foliage in the background. Perfect touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.