Oscraps

2022-05 Rachel Jefferies May Mixed Media Challenge **CLOSED**WINNER ANNOUNCED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
HELLO! Guess what is? Yep, Esther here and back with some more mixed media and challenge fun! Rachel has these wonderful collage papers that have these paper pieces on them and some of them create these wonderfully little stacks.

For May, I want you to create a layout that includes the following:
  • A minimum of 3 distinct stacks of papers with varying sizes (you can do more than 3 if you wish but the layout must include 3). The papers can be any shape (circle, heart, star, triangle, etc)
  • Each stack should be a minimum of 4 papers--the background paper does NOT count as one of the stack layers and you can add more if you wish.
  • Make those layers pop by adding shadows (drop shadows, custom shadows, it's up to you).
  • Paper pieces may be used.
  • Ephemera may be used
  • Add a minimum of 3 additional mixed media elements, it can be a journaling prompt or word strip, paints, paint splatters, stamps, messy threads, messy marks, stitching
In addition:
  • You may use as many elements or any paper of your choice from Rachel's Designs that are currently available here at Oscraps as long as the above mixed media items are included in the layout.
  • You may use more mixed media items than listed if you choose, just ensure your layout includes the minimum items.
  • You may use a photo or go photoless, if you opt to use a photo, please ensure that I distinctly see the stacks of papers
  • You may journal if you choose
  • You may use a template as long as the 4 distinct stacks of papers are added as part of the layout
  • You may add any other elements to the layout, as long as the above requirements are met.
  • You may NOT use the paper pieced paperie in your layout, regular collage papers may be used BUT the distinct stacks of paper must be your own
  • A photo is NOT required or use as many photos as you want.
Here's my layout:
Just to help you visualize this here's a break down of my paper clusters starting from the left:
Left: This paper cluster includes: a circle, ephemera, paper piece and a triangle that I clipped paper and the ship to with my elements and word strips etc added.
Middle: This paper cluster includes a triangle, ephemera, moon, and a rectangle with my photo, word strip and elements added.
Right: This paper cluster includes a square, paper piece, ephemera, and circle with another paper piece and my word strip and elements added.

F4DfPy1.jpg

Here's some examples from the team:
by @AJM
55g8bfk.jpg

by @Roxana
jHriAfD.jpg

by @cfile
tmgEjCG.jpg

by @Dady
IdZwDzQ.jpg

by @marijke
MYLa6Xt.jpg

Challenge Requirements:
  • Create a new scrapbook layout using a 100% of Rachel's Designs currently available in her Oscraps Shop.
  • The layout MUST meet the above challenge requirements.
  • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
  • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
  • No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
  • This challenge will remain open until May 31, 2022

Prizes:
ONE
lucky random winner will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @Scrapbyirre you are the winner of the May Mixed Media Challenge!!!! Check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon, if you have any issues, please let me know!!!

Thank you all for joining the challenge. I loved seeing all these gorgeous layouts!! Hope to see you for June Mixed Media Challenge as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.