Oscraps

2022-04 Vicki Robinson April Challenge * *WINNER ANNOUNCED **

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
vrd-black.png

Updated May 3, 2022

Thank you all so much for participating in my April Challenge! It's so great to see so many wonderful pages! In case you haven't noticed, beginning this month (May), I've got a second "Get Creative" challenge hosted by Esther. I hope you'll join that challenge too!

Please join me in congratulating Amy — @yakyma — the winner of the $5.00 coupon drawing! I love her page and that quote is just wonderful!

==============​
If this is your first time joining me for a challenge — welcome! I'm so happy you're here! If you've joined my challenges in the past, welcome back!

To be eligible for the coupon drawing (details below), you must post your page no later than midnight California (Pacific) time on April 30th, however, you may create a page using the challenge guidelines at any time.

When I am starting a digital scrapbooking page, I typically start with a photo and build the layout around that. When I start an art journaling page though, I generally don't have any real plan. I drag a bunch of elements (chosen at random — whatever appeals to me) onto a blank document and start to play with their arrangement. I knew I needed to use one of this month's Story Starters, so I added them, too. As many of you also might be, I'm feeling the weight of everything that's happening in the world right now and it can start to feel like a breaking point is near. But look at the twisty twig thingy — there's a message there that jumped out at me. There's hidden journaling beneath that butterfly cluster where I've recorded some thoughts. If you're interested, I have two short videos on my YouTube channel with ideas for hidden journaling. They are here and here.

My page uses Artful Expressions 03 along with the April Story Starter Freebie. Because I feel like my pages are not complete without lots of brushwork, I also used brushes from Arty Brushes 01, Bubble Wrap Brushes, Inky Marks 01, and Collage Brushes 01.

I've put together a special Sampler Set 04 of 8 brushes that are in those sets — exclusively for you — for only $2.99 — during this Challenge period. All four of the full brush sets are on sale for 40% off during April 2022 — so if you like the samples, you may want to grab the full sets (they are linked in the Sampler product description). BUT this Sampler Set 04 will not be visible in my shop until next month and this $2.99 price is just for you during April.

Challenge Rules​

Eligible participants will be entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop and if you complete all of my challenges this year, you will be eligible for a drawing for a $20 coupon to my shop. The winner will be notified by a private message (conversation) here in the Oscraps forum — the week after the challenge ends. Entries may be featured on the Oscraps blog, my website, in my newsletter, or on other social media.

To be eligible for the $5.00 coupon drawing:
You can earn one additional entry into the coupon drawing for using any of the following products on your page (freebies do not count towards these additional entries). So if you use all three on your page, you'd earn three extra entries into the drawing.
To be eligible for the $20.00 coupon drawing after the year's challenges are completed, you'll need to track your challenge entries in this thread.

Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter, you'll get loads of freebies and exclusive coupons, along with a heads up on my new releases and tutorials.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for my challenge!

---------------​

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
  • Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
  • This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.
  • We also have a video tutorial if you prefer.

Last edited:

RJMJ

So Happy To Be A Cheery O
CHEERY O
Thank You! Vicki for another great! challenge!...I totally went in a different direction than everyone else here...I seem to be into bright colors at the moment...I really wanted to feature a bright! positive! layout filled with happy Hope!...Although this may not be my norm either...I'm really enjoying playing with brighter colors! as of late...And,in this case,my big belief in Hope!!! & my Love! of music! & dancing! [that makes me happy!.]...LOL!...and with all the Pretty! Bright Spring! flowers!...The word "Blossom" just seemed to work...I followed all the rules of this challenge & incorporated the Story Starter : "Tomorrow" but my message is for today,tomorrow,always...I used your Sampler Set 04...your "Spring Bundle" & your "Art Expressions 03 Collection"...I also added some of your "Art Table Mixed Media Papers 05" to blend with the more neutral papers & added much effects & saturation to coincide with my bright! extracted photos!...

My Hopeful Happiness Layout :

Last edited: