Oscraps

Daily Ooos: December 3-4: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It's almost 8 am and so dark outside it feels like it is 6 am. I am going to have to be quick here, I have a busy day ahead and was hoping to be ready to roll by now. Oops

Tarallis look like they are a success- no clue how they taste. Gary tried one and said "meh." I never liked them but hopefully, they taste close enough to my grandma's that my dad will enjoy them. I scrapped the peanut butter bar cookies. It was an old Skippy PB recipe so I searched online to see if there were any helpful hints on freezing them and the recipe doesn't exist. Not at least through the Google search engine.
I am off to the FP this morning (please have eggs and butter). After that Caitlyn and I are going to David's Bridal to poke around. She wants to look one more time at some dresses to make sure that the One is The One.

HAGD!!
xo

LSlycord

Good morning! We are bright and sunny here this morning. Supposed to get up into the 80's but I am holding fast to my no AC rule. So far my lanai Christmas tree is holding up well. So many things that need to get done around here. Didn't accomplish much around here. This morning I will probably watch at least some of the US Men's soccer team playing against the Netherlands. Need to get started on my Christmas baking. Well, I did start before Thanksgiving but those cookies are long gone. LOL

Firefly Lane dropped on Netflix yesterday and I binged four episodes. Good grief! What a time suck that is. But I'm sure I will finish it this weekend. I'm not enjoying it like the first season but I feel invested!

@faerywings grocery shopping...to be balanced with wedding dress shopping. An exhausting morning for sure...but definitely ending on a high note!

Need to make a run through the gallery this morning. I'll be back in a bit with personals.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord How far is Gainesville again? 1.5 hours? I bet any chance you get to see Syd, you will jump on it. Are you all feeling more comfortable about the apt? That would be such a great experience for her to go to Germany. My friends DD spent a semester in Italy and loved it, and yes, my friend went out to visit her too. How can you not??

@BrightEyes Dec is off to a roaring start and I already feel a little bit behind.
Hope that your back is better today, as well as your arm.

@tanteva I love that hat on you! "Oscrapian" Bwuahahah!! Makes us sound alien. Good choice! :D
Enjoy the time off of work, you will need your rest after you do the Scavenger Hunt

@vickyday yay for PJ days! What a sweet gift for Ilene's Great Grandbaby. Do you knit and crochet?

@bcgal00 How is my Remi today? I bet that brought on a flashback of when you first adopted her, poor girl was so sick.
That sucks that J's trip was so long but I bet the was *thrilled* to be home again

@Cherylndesigns the palm tree is freaking awesome!

Kay, I remember watching the John Adams mini-series when it came out-- with Paul Giamatti? It was really good, from what i remember. Sounds like you need to get off your feet too-- smart of you to dig out the brace for a few days

Sorry for being so brief-- its totally not like me at all!

LSlycord

@faerywings Gainesville is about an hour and 20 minutes. So it isn't bad at all. Although, if I go back to work, our trips will need to be weekend or evenings. Might need to get these cataracts removed if I'm going to be driving that frequently at night. And, while Syd doesn't think Germany would be a good destination, I think it would be great!

@BrightEyes wow your trip out was a huge success! And glad that you have a comfy leather couch plus an old back brace to make things a bit easier. Don't overdo!

@tanteva you look so cute in that hat!! I'm so impressed by all of the talent in this group.

@vickyday I LOVE pajama days! And so sweet that you are making a blanket for Ilene's great-grandbaby!

@bcgal00 glad that Jen made it home. I must admit that I don't mind that I don't have to drive in snow anymore. It always made me so tense. Hope Remi has bounced back and is feeling better.

@Cherylndesigns love that tree! How fun is that? I can see where I might be inclined to have a tree like that if we moved away from here.

Have a good weekend all.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord How far is Gainesville again? 1.5 hours? I bet any chance you get to see Syd, you will jump on it. Are you all feeling more comfortable about the apt? That would be such a great experience for her to go to Germany. My friends DD spent a semester in Italy and loved it, and yes, my friend went out to visit her too. How can you not??

@BrightEyes Dec is off to a roaring start and I already feel a little bit behind.
Hope that your back is better today, as well as your arm.

@tanteva I love that hat on you! "Oscrapian" Bwuahahah!! Makes us sound alien. Good choice! :D
Enjoy the time off of work, you will need your rest after you do the Scavenger Hunt

@vickyday yay for PJ days! What a sweet gift for Ilene's Great Grandbaby. Do you knit and crochet?

@bcgal00 How is my Remi today? I bet that brought on a flashback of when you first adopted her, poor girl was so sick.
That sucks that J's trip was so long but I bet the was *thrilled* to be home again

@Cherylndesigns the palm tree is freaking awesome!

Kay, I remember watching the John Adams mini-series when it came out-- with Paul Giamatti? It was really good, from what i remember. Sounds like you need to get off your feet too-- smart of you to dig out the brace for a few days

Sorry for being so brief-- its totally not like me at all!

I do knit and crochet. I actually learned to knit first! If you can knit, you can crochet! I love the "finish" of knitting more than crochet. But crochet is much quicker and, I guess, easier! Picture to follow of my progress on the baby blanket!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all... managed to sleep in until 7AM after waking up several times during the night. It is 40*F. at 7AM.. almost a heatwave after the last couple of weeks!!! :D Going to be up into the high 50's - low 60's with maybe some rain on Sunday-Monday. I much prefer rain to snow!

Guess my brain was fuzzy yesterday... it finally remembered that I have a Dr Scholl's massager with heat that fits in the chair (recliner). I took the brace off and used the heat and massager for about an hour last evening before going to bed. That helped ease the muscle ache a lot. Will be using it again today and plan on resting most of the day. I did take the time yesterday to hand-write the DVDs in the paper inventory but will wait until the back is better to add them to the computer inventory and reprint it.
I watched "Road to Perdition" (Tom Hanks) and "Brian's Song" (remake) DVDs. I will wait until the back is better to watch the "John Adams" mini-series. And NO, I won't be going back to the library sale today... they didn't have as many DVDs or books for sale as usual yesterday. Plus I need to stay off my feet today.

Need another cup of coffee #coffeeand some breakfast... then letting the massager ease the back ache again. HAGD

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@faerywings Gainesville is about an hour and 20 minutes. So it isn't bad at all. Although, if I go back to work, our trips will need to be weekend or evenings. Might need to get these cataracts removed if I'm going to be driving that frequently at night. And, while Syd doesn't think Germany would be a good destination, I think it would be great!

@BrightEyes wow your trip out was a huge success! And glad that you have a comfy leather couch plus an old back brace to make things a bit easier. Don't overdo!

@tanteva you look so cute in that hat!! I'm so impressed by all of the talent in this group.

@vickyday I LOVE pajama days! And so sweet that you are making a blanket for Ilene's great-grandbaby!

@bcgal00 glad that Jen made it home. I must admit that I don't mind that I don't have to drive in snow anymore. It always made me so tense. Hope Remi has bounced back and is feeling better.

@Cherylndesigns love that tree! How fun is that? I can see where I might be inclined to have a tree like that if we moved away from here.

Have a good weekend all.
I look for any excuse to do some knitting and/or crocheting this time of the year! It was an easy decision! I used to be the daddy's Sunday school teacher, too! How could I not make something for his baby! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning!
Yesterday ended early for me as I ended up with a headache that I couldn't shake! We have had rainy, dreary weather and it has affected the old sinuses! The headache continues today.....Such is life!

Before giving up and retiring with DH last night, I managed to get a good start on the baby blanket! The picture below shows about 1/3 of a row. The yarn is 100% polyester and is so cushiony and soft, about like chenille. Irresistible to touch, LOL!
We have a birthday party to attend today. My grandson that lives about 20 minutes away from us is turning 16 this month (on my first husband's birthdate, 12/18. They always called each other birthday buddies! ♥) I hate that the younger grandchildren already don't remember him. Makes me very sad, indeed.

It got warmer through the day yesterday since the cloud cover and rain moved in. It has been about 50* since yesterday afternoon! I agree with Kay....I like rain much better than snow! We would have a ton piled up if it were snow!

I ended up not getting to the scavenger hunt yesterday. My head just couldn't handle it, LOL! And today is not looking much better! Not even sure how much more knitting I will get done! I will have to take a hot shower and see if that helps any!

Have a great day!

This is a simple pattern. Knit the right side, purl the wrong side (stockinette stitch) with a garter stitch border (knit both sides). This is about 1/3 of the width.

IMG_20221203_095642852-web.jpg

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Been scrapping all day, and now my brain is empty. LOL Love the challenge today, amazing to see how many different layouts that can be made from the same photo.

Turned off the puter and is sitting in the sofa, listening to the soccer & waiting for the news. I'm gonna try and find a pattern for a knitted sweater now. Saw an amazing sweater in a store on Thursday & I want to try and recreate it. Need a pattern as a start off point. At least to know how many stitches to cast on.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Happy to say that Remi is fine. When Bella woke up and came upstairs, all of a sudden Remi was fine, ate her breakfast and chew bone and then the pups were racing thru the house playing. I think she was overtired from the excitement of Bella coming home the night before and then maybe being fearful that they were gone again. So, she is just fine. She is loving the fresh snow, we've been getting flurries for a few days and its put a fresh inch or so on the ground. Its so weird to live in a city where the snow stays, it doesn't melt or turn slushy.

I'm going to hop in the shower in a minute, get dressed and head out to a couple of craft fairs. Then home for scrapping, then out again to the dog park and then I'll do some house chores. The day will fly by, I'm sure.

@faerywings I bet your dad will love the cookies. I feel the same way, meh, about Darrell's jam-jam cookies that he bakes every Xmas (his mom's recipe). I don't care for them but he loves them.

You all have been talking about knitting and crocheting, I used to make small projects (hats, slippers, dishcloths, blankets) but gave it up years ago when I got into scrapping more heavily. I donated two bins of yarn when we moved and all my supplies.

I'm going to check the party stuff and then go hop in the shower. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all. I'm just waiting for Adrienne to pick me up. I got all dressed and ready to leave at one and it's now 1:30 and she's not here yet. LOL Typical. Glad you all like my palm tree - I just love it. Still not sure if that's going to be it. She's here. Be back later.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am so darn tired today. I am going to be drinking *lots* more coffee. Yesterday was long. (Long for me at least)
FP had eggs but no butter. But they also had Impossible Burgers (vegan) and I got three packs, Cait was so happy about that. I also got almonds so I can do some baking tomorrow - probably the biscotti for my mom.
Caitlyn and I spent most of the day at the Bridal store. The website said you didn't need an appt but that was only for non-bridal dresses. We had to wait an hour and a half for a "stylist" to work with her. To kill some time, I tried on some mother-of-the-bride dresses and found two that I liked. One I liked a lot. I also tried on a black wedding dress at Cait's insistence. She had to try it on too, which was good. It looked fab on her but now she knows 100% that she wants white. She tried on another 10 dresses or so. Only one dress came close to the top. She tried on a ton of styles she didn't think she would like just to make sure she wasn't missing anything. (Plain white satin that looked like Princess Aurora -- 100% *not* Caitlyn)
By the time we were done there, it was after 5, got home at 6-- grabbed some cheese and crackers and a glass of wine for dinner :D

Unfortunately, that means I am really far behind with my partying here so I am going to catch up with that today. Plus clean the house a bit. Pay some bills. Work on my food shopping.... it yi yiiiii

Yup. Tired.

20037097-283917063_48-s5-v1.png

HAGD!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Hahaha! You ate all of the cookies you baked already? Cookies are my downfall. I can pass up cake/pie/brownies but cookies. Not a chance. Everything goes into the freezer immediately and I am a Scrooge over them. NO ONE touches them including me until I make up the trays the day before Christmas. #angry2

What is Firefly Lane about? And rub it in about your 80* temps... while I freeze up here. *sniffs*

@vickyday Most people that I have asked say the same thing-- that they learned how to knit first, that it is easier. I tried to teach myself how to knit and am too uncoordinated, I couldn't work with both hands. Maybe I should try again, I have plenty of knitting needles. And yarn.
The blanket is so sweet, love the edging on it. It looks super soft too. I know it is going to be loved.
When I was teaching, I was pg with Scott and my class threw me a baby shower. One of the gifts was a handmade blanket. It turned out to be Scott's treasured "holey blanket" that he took everywhere. He called it holey blanket because when he was stressed, he would "poke holes" with his fingers and that soothed him. He still has it packed in his closet. I wish that I could tell the mom that made it for him how much it meant. ♥
I hope that your headache is better today. Happy (early) Birthday to your grandson and to your first dh.

@BrightEyes I bet you wanted to slap your forehead when you remembered the back massager! Hope that it helps keep your muscles loose today

@tanteva Did you find a pattern to copy for the sweater you saw? And today is another yarn grab bag day, right?? Have fun!

@bcgal00 Oh that is fab news about Remi!! It's funny how dogs can get emotionally out of sorts too. She must have missed Bella a lot. One nice thing about your snow patterns is that I bet the way it falls every few days and doesn't melt it is that it must look clean most of the time. Much prettier than the yucky brown snow we end up with
Did you find anything exciting at the craft fairs?

@Cherylndesigns What trouble did you and the girls get into yesterday? Bet you had fun!

Hugs!!

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. I've got to tell you that I am loving all of the stuff that is going on here at the O right now! Whenever I jump on, I see that there are so many people wandering around here. It's very cool. And my favorite challenge by far is the one where we all scrap the same photo. Seeing all of the ways that has been scrapped is just truly amazing to me.

It's only going to be in the 70's today @faerywings. It's nice and sunny though. Since Shaun didn't go with us to the Night of Lights when we took Syd and the girls, I'm thinking that we may drive down there tonight and wander around a bit. And I'm also thinking about tenderloins for supper and making a big batch of Maidrites so that I can freeze some. I need to get back to doing some freezer meals. And figure out some crockpot meals. I just don't get the same joy out of cooking that I used to.

And yes, all the Christmas cookies are gone. I think Brian was the first person to get into the batch that I had frozen. After that, we were all goners. And that's even without Syd here to eat them. We are out of control here...

Going to go check out the gallery and see what's happening. I'll be back in a bit with personals.

tanteva

I've seen the sun today! Thought the clouds had eaten it up days ago, but apparently it was still there. Cold as #%&¤ though. Been scrapping today, and I think I'll go watch a Christmas movie now, and knit a bit.

This was the sweater I saw in the store:

I'm using this pattern:
and will sort of wing it. I have a hot pink and a burgundy/brownish color that I will use. I'm knitting top down, and will make the arms and neck, and then see how long sweater I can get from amount of yarn I got. We'll see if it turns out to a nice sweater or if I end up unravelling it. That's always a feasible option when I'm knitting. LOL

Dinner plans have been bad lately. I've just ended up cooking what fell out of the cupboards LOL But today I'm going to bake some cabbage in the oven and serve with some veggie "meat". I'm glazing the cabbage with a mix of oil, mango chutney and chili. Divine! Just have to come up with something for our little carnivore as well. Hope there's some leftovers for him!

Need to start planning the Christmas food too. I've made the meat balls for John. YAY! that's so great to have that done. Not very happy about making those. When the worst thing is done, I really should get going on the other things I can prepare. Maybe I will start tomorrow when Urban is at work? Or maybe not. Too much scrapping to do these days. LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. It warm this morning... 40*F at 6 AM!!! We had some rain late yesterday and may get more today. Plan on using the massager/heat a couple of times today as that seems to help the back more than anything else. Had a delicious supper last night - enchiladas and guacamole and had Apple Crisp for dessert. Had some apples that needed to be used so baked the Apple Crisp and now have 4 servings in the freezer plus 1 to have today.

@faerywings So glad you scored at FP... too bad they didn't have any butter. Sorry you didn't know that you needed an appointment at the Bridal boutique and had to wait so long. Sounds like you put the time to good use anyway. Had to LOL over the threat to everyone including yourself to leave the cookies in the freezer alone until Christmas Eve!!!

@LSlycord You are so right about all the delightful LOs showing up in the gallery!!! It is a joy to look at them. Looks like you will need to bake some more cookies.... ;) I hear you about the joy of cooking being gone... it is hard to figure out what to cook.

@tanteva What a beautiful sweater pattern. I made a sweater similar to that and did the same thing... worked from the neck down and made it as long as I could until I ran out of yarn. Your yarn sounds lovely - can't wait to see it.

@Cherylndesigns Glad you are back home and recovering from the trip. LOL over your palm tree Christmas tree!!! What a HOOT!

@taxed4ever So happy to see you pop in here. WOW you have your plate full with helping the family. Glad that Sister's place is close by so you don't have to be driving too far. We miss you but understand why you are MIA right now. << hugs >>

@vickyday That baby blanket is so beautiful... looks so soft and love the colors. Sorry you had another headache. Hope you are feeling better today.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning my beautiful O family!
Heading to church in a bit so I will be back in this afternoon to check in and do personals!
Hugs to all and may you be blessed today,

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. Had fun at the local craft fair. I bought something that will sit in the foyer on top of a cabinet after the Xmas decor gets put away. It is wooden blocks to simulate hardcover books, wrapped in a ribbon with greenery and an inspirational WA that says "home is my happy place". Jen will love seeing that whenever she walks in the door.

I found a turkey. They only had two so I grabbed one, rather than wait until mid December like I normally would. It cost $75 and last year I could have bought it in Vancouver for about $45. But, at least we have our turkey now for Xmas. The shortage is b/c of the avian flu that destroyed a lot of the farms in BC. When we went to Costco a few days ago they had no turkeys at all.

This morning I am going to put Remi's winter coat on and we'll head out for a hike along the river, for a km or two, if we can handle the cold. It is going to be a high of about 16 today.

When I get back later I want to do a challenge page and need to check in with the challenge I am hosting, plus I need to go check out the gallery. So much going on :) I'm getting coffee and getting on with my day. HAGD everyone.

tanteva

That price for a turkey! :oops:

Any way, just popping in to tell the crocheters that Breann is sharing a super cute pattern today. Think I'm going to make on later.

tanteva

Clutterbug is having an amazing giveaway today. US residents only.

#cry

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all.

It's a dark and gloomy day - I wish I could have boxed up the Florida sunshine and brought it home with me. That's why Chuck got me a palm tree, though. It's the best we could do. Haha I'm going up to Adrienne's later today or tomorrow and find my Christmas stuff and decide if I'm putting up our regular tree. I need to get my decorations anyway. My Christmas wreath is here so I want to hang it on the door today. I have a great big trunk/coffee table that's full of my holiday stuff, so I'm sure a lot of Christmas things are in it. That's the best piece of furniture I ever bought - certainly has been functional for storage.

Chris @faerywings and Linda @LSlycord your cookie situation sounds like mine used to be when I baked. They'd be gone by Christmas. DH is the biggest culprit - he's known as "the cookie monster". He used to "sleep eat" - he'd get up in the middle of the night and sit at the kitchen table and have cookies and milk. He was totally in a trance. It was so funny.

Kay @BrightEyes I'm glad you got a kick out of my palm/Christmas tree. I knew you'd like the boots and hats underneath. I actually thought of you when I put them under there.

Chris @faerywings how fun that you tried on Mother-of-the-Bride dresses and that black wedding dress while you were waiting. Sounds like Cait has chosen "the dress" after trying on yet another one. I'm pretty sure Ava won't choose a black wedding dress when it comes down to it. That will probably be a while since she broke up with Ryan now and is having so much fun "playing the field". She's never really done that and she's having lots of fun. She started learning jujitsu and is really into it. She has her first tournament on the 18th. She trains now in Muskogee and has met lots of new people through that.

We were very good yesterday, Chris @faerywings - we went to one local store for Adrienne to get two housewarming gifts and then to Walmart. She needed groceries, so I walked - up and down almost every aisle - they weren't very busy, so it didn't impede my walking. Linda @LSlycord I got 2,378 steps in! Who knew you could get that good of a workout at Walmart??? I could have gotten more than I did, but Adrienne texted me that she was in the check-out line.

I'm off to look around and add my daily Gather layout.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Hahaha! You ate all of the cookies you baked already? Cookies are my downfall. I can pass up cake/pie/brownies but cookies. Not a chance. Everything goes into the freezer immediately and I am a Scrooge over them. NO ONE touches them including me until I make up the trays the day before Christmas. #angry2

What is Firefly Lane about? And rub it in about your 80* temps... while I freeze up here. *sniffs*

@vickyday Most people that I have asked say the same thing-- that they learned how to knit first, that it is easier. I tried to teach myself how to knit and am too uncoordinated, I couldn't work with both hands. Maybe I should try again, I have plenty of knitting needles. And yarn.
The blanket is so sweet, love the edging on it. It looks super soft too. I know it is going to be loved.
When I was teaching, I was pg with Scott and my class threw me a baby shower. One of the gifts was a handmade blanket. It turned out to be Scott's treasured "holey blanket" that he took everywhere. He called it holey blanket because when he was stressed, he would "poke holes" with his fingers and that soothed him. He still has it packed in his closet. I wish that I could tell the mom that made it for him how much it meant. ♥
I hope that your headache is better today. Happy (early) Birthday to your grandson and to your first dh.

@BrightEyes I bet you wanted to slap your forehead when you remembered the back massager! Hope that it helps keep your muscles loose today

@tanteva Did you find a pattern to copy for the sweater you saw? And today is another yarn grab bag day, right?? Have fun!

@bcgal00 Oh that is fab news about Remi!! It's funny how dogs can get emotionally out of sorts too. She must have missed Bella a lot. One nice thing about your snow patterns is that I bet the way it falls every few days and doesn't melt it is that it must look clean most of the time. Much prettier than the yucky brown snow we end up with
Did you find anything exciting at the craft fairs?

@Cherylndesigns What trouble did you and the girls get into yesterday? Bet you had fun!

Hugs!!
Here's a pretty good close-up video for knitting. Sheep & Stitch There are different videos on how to cast on, etc.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
That price for a turkey! :oops:

Any way, just popping in to tell the crocheters that Breann is sharing a super cute pattern today. Think I'm going to make on later.
That is very pretty!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. Had fun at the local craft fair. I bought something that will sit in the foyer on top of a cabinet after the Xmas decor gets put away. It is wooden blocks to simulate hardcover books, wrapped in a ribbon with greenery and an inspirational WA that says "home is my happy place". Jen will love seeing that whenever she walks in the door.

I found a turkey. They only had two so I grabbed one, rather than wait until mid December like I normally would. It cost $75 and last year I could have bought it in Vancouver for about $45. But, at least we have our turkey now for Xmas. The shortage is b/c of the avian flu that destroyed a lot of the farms in BC. When we went to Costco a few days ago they had no turkeys at all.

This morning I am going to put Remi's winter coat on and we'll head out for a hike along the river, for a km or two, if we can handle the cold. It is going to be a high of about 16 today.

When I get back later I want to do a challenge page and need to check in with the challenge I am hosting, plus I need to go check out the gallery. So much going on :) I'm getting coffee and getting on with my day. HAGD everyone.
WOW! I cannot believe what you had to pay for a turkey! Our local food chain was selling them for $0.29/lb when you spent $35 on groceries. You can spend that much just by walking in the door! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. It warm this morning... 40*F at 6 AM!!! We had some rain late yesterday and may get more today. Plan on using the massager/heat a couple of times today as that seems to help the back more than anything else. Had a delicious supper last night - enchiladas and guacamole and had Apple Crisp for dessert. Had some apples that needed to be used so baked the Apple Crisp and now have 4 servings in the freezer plus 1 to have today.

@faerywings So glad you scored at FP... too bad they didn't have any butter. Sorry you didn't know that you needed an appointment at the Bridal boutique and had to wait so long. Sounds like you put the time to good use anyway. Had to LOL over the threat to everyone including yourself to leave the cookies in the freezer alone until Christmas Eve!!!

@LSlycord You are so right about all the delightful LOs showing up in the gallery!!! It is a joy to look at them. Looks like you will need to bake some more cookies.... ;) I hear you about the joy of cooking being gone... it is hard to figure out what to cook.

@tanteva What a beautiful sweater pattern. I made a sweater similar to that and did the same thing... worked from the neck down and made it as long as I could until I ran out of yarn. Your yarn sounds lovely - can't wait to see it.

@Cherylndesigns Glad you are back home and recovering from the trip. LOL over your palm tree Christmas tree!!! What a HOOT!

@taxed4ever So happy to see you pop in here. WOW you have your plate full with helping the family. Glad that Sister's place is close by so you don't have to be driving too far. We miss you but understand why you are MIA right now. << hugs >>

@vickyday That baby blanket is so beautiful... looks so soft and love the colors. Sorry you had another headache. Hope you are feeling better today.
Thanks, Kay! I am feeling better today. Hope you are!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hello all.

It's a dark and gloomy day - I wish I could have boxed up the Florida sunshine and brought it home with me. That's why Chuck got me a palm tree, though. It's the best we could do. Haha I'm going up to Adrienne's later today or tomorrow and find my Christmas stuff and decide if I'm putting up our regular tree. I need to get my decorations anyway. My Christmas wreath is here so I want to hang it on the door today. I have a great big trunk/coffee table that's full of my holiday stuff, so I'm sure a lot of Christmas things are in it. That's the best piece of furniture I ever bought - certainly has been functional for storage.

Chris @faerywings and Linda @LSlycord your cookie situation sounds like mine used to be when I baked. They'd be gone by Christmas. DH is the biggest culprit - he's known as "the cookie monster". He used to "sleep eat" - he'd get up in the middle of the night and sit at the kitchen table and have cookies and milk. He was totally in a trance. It was so funny.

Kay @BrightEyes I'm glad you got a kick out of my palm/Christmas tree. I knew you'd like the boots and hats underneath. I actually thought of you when I put them under there.

Chris @faerywings how fun that you tried on Mother-of-the-Bride dresses and that black wedding dress while you were waiting. Sounds like Cait has chosen "the dress" after trying on yet another one. I'm pretty sure Ava won't choose a black wedding dress when it comes down to it. That will probably be a while since she broke up with Ryan now and is having so much fun "playing the field". She's never really done that and she's having lots of fun. She started learning jujitsu and is really into it. She has her first tournament on the 18th. She trains now in Muskogee and has met lots of new people through that.

We were very good yesterday, Chris @faerywings - we went to one local store for Adrienne to get two housewarming gifts and then to Walmart. She needed groceries, so I walked - up and down almost every aisle - they weren't very busy, so it didn't impede my walking. Linda @LSlycord I got 2,378 steps in! Who knew you could get that good of a workout at Walmart??? I could have gotten more than I did, but Adrienne texted me that she was in the check-out line.

I'm off to look around and add my daily Gather layout.
That's the kind of coffee table I need!