Oscraps

where else do you play?

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
Hi there, I noticed a lot of our members 'play' or create on other forums, would anyone be happy to share which other sites you use? Also another cheeky question, is there a forum where you dont have to advertise which 'kits' you use to create your layout with? thank you in advance.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I play at The Lilypad but you have to use their kits - normally at least 80% and Sweet Shoppe Designs - they're a little more lax, but I try to use their products. Just Art seems to be a little more lax about requirements. That's about all - Scrapbook.com let you post anything.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
You'd have to check each site's policy but I think maybe if you post a LO that is not for a challenge and you are complying with the percentage of their store products used, list the biggest majority of kits/products used. For example, if you used only 1-2 items from a kit maybe not list that but if you use more then list it.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
@Hamer Lodge There are several digital scrapbooking stores - some more known than others - and they usually have some sort of a community and a forum... just a quick 'buy digital scrapbook kit' search will give you a number of options. Some of Oscraps designers sell elsewhere so you might get that info from their newsletters.

Oh, and there are numeours digital scrapbook communities on FB with links to stores. Hope that helps.

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I play at The Lilypad, Sweet Shoppe Designs and The Digital Press. All require around 75% current in their store items in your layouts. I also CT over at DigitalScrapbook.com - you can post anything there, so I post a lot of my Oscraps and CT items there too, but you should use credits.

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
The only forum I post on besides where I bought the kit- The O, The Lily Pad, The digital press & Sweet Shoppe Designs- is Scrapbook.com.

Amandajk

Hi there, I noticed a lot of our members 'play' or create on other forums, would anyone be happy to share which other sites you use? Also another cheeky question, is there a forum where you dont have to advertise which 'kits' you use to create your layout with? thank you in advance.
I am a mixer scrapper too!!!!! compiling the list is a bit of a challenge, but I've gotten used to doing it. I just leave the tif version of my page open in one window, and open the gallery in another one. Easiest way I've found, after much experimentation. :D

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Before I Came to the O...I was first involved heavily with The Lilypad...I have been there for years now...I'm still there with a really large gallery...but I don't spend as much time there now...But you have to list all products that you use there...75% Lilypad products...I have a gallery over at PBP too...I CT for 3 designers over there now...same though you have to use 75% of their products...I am also over at Gingerscraps & Digital Scrapbooking Studio...Same idea...I do CT work for 2 designers there...You have to use their products too...Same 75% of their respective designers...Seems to be the standard...Most of these places I go do not allow outside linking though...Only to the products you use from their stores...I always list everything I use...PBP requires linking to each product used & same over at The Studio & I do it for Gingerscraps too...Since it is mostly CT work...there usually aren't that many links to add...But for challenges there would probably be more if you use multiple kits/products...I have my own FB page where I post almost all of my layouts personal/CT/Oscraps,Lilypad,Gingerscraps & PBP ones too...especially my CT pages where I am usually including some type of advertising links/kits etc...for each designer...I did do CT work for E-Scape Scraps store but not now...My CT Designers are not there anymore...& I do have a Flickr gallery & a small gallery over at JustArt...Hope this helps...xx Rhonda...

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I'm at The LilyPad, Sweet Shoppe Designs and I do meander into Pickleberry Pop, The Digital Press, Digital Scrapbooking Studio & Digital Scrapbook (used to be Pixel Scrapper). As far as I know everyone wants you give credit. Most of the time credits aren't a big deal for me, as I prep as I create my layout. The only time it can get a little fun is when I decide to mix 15 kits in one layout (speaking from experience).

Robloz55

I started off at Digital Designs (Kate Pertiet I think) back in Feb 2019, but their requirement of all DD designs was too harsh for my liking.

So then I found Pixel Scrapper which has no limit at all - but credits are required - and so I signed up there in March 2019. They are now DS - Digital Scrapbook. I have been very happy there for the last 3 and a half years.

But I have now used up all my photos and am finding it hard to find images that I can use, so now I am spreading my wings. Mainly so I can "re-use" my photos. I no longer have a camera, nor can I travel outside to take photos.

OScraps only requires 50% of products for general LO's which I am OK about. Also my favourite designers from the lily pad is now selling here at OScraps too so I am slowly making the move.

I cannot leave DS until January because I have to complete my Leonardo Da Vinci LO Series. (Alphabet and/or Numbers series Challenges - 2 letters/numbers per month) And since they have a Winter LO madness in Feb, I might stay for that and then leave. One last hoorah. Especially since it will be 4 years for me in March 2023.

Also I love the more varied elements available in the bundles sold here at OScraps.

Last edited:

ConnectionKeeping

I once read a post that talked about making a "Franken Kit" to help with this. It is a folder of all of my favorite neutralish elements from all of the kits I've bought, when I get a new kit I look through it and usually grab something and put it in. Each element has the designers name on it so I can tell where it's from. I often use one kit for a layout and then extras from my Franken kit so it helps me with remembering all of the credits. Also it's just fun to look through my Franken kit, it makes me smile.