Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Someone else in my family loves mismatched socks

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I've got a lot to say about socks - see below

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
My daughter hasn't worn two identical socks for several years now. I'm not talking about the kind of mismatched where a pair consists of two not identical, but same-themed socks they sell in stores. I'm talking about two totally different socks that have nothing in common, and she insists it's trendy.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That was the fad years ago - I didn't know it still was. LOL Punky Brewster started that when my youngest "idolized" her.

ClaireG

CHEERY O
So socks are a big deal in my family LOL.
My Dad insists on mismatched socks, which drives my Momma and I nuts.
My Hubby wears only grey, navy or white socks.
My Momma only wears sneaker socks - even if she has boots on!
I only wear socks by Pringle or Jimmy Lion because I have large feet for a girl and I hate it when the heel is not in the right place and I have found these always fit me correctly. I also like thin almost cashmere like socks and these are both lightweight enough for me.
SO much sock fussiness in my family.

ClaireG

CHEERY O
My daughter hasn't worn two identical socks for several years now. I'm not talking about the kind of mismatched where a pair consists of two not identical, but same-themed socks they sell in stores. I'm talking about two totally different socks that have nothing in common, and she insists it's trendy.
This is 100% my Dad and he too insists it is trendy, he has been doing it for about 15 years

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Socks?...What are those?...I don't do socks!...I haven't worn socks in almost 20 years now!!!!...My feet are always hot/warm...Socks make my feet feel like they can't breathe & are suffocating ... :D o_O ;) ...

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I think mismatched socks on other people are fun. For me, though, nope, my need for symmetry doesn't allow for it. In our house, we each have our own style socks. That way, all of my socks match. All of the husband's socks match, etc. So much easier!

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
My daughter does it out of laziness too and she doesn't match her socks. I match mine and my other daughter does. Hubby has to have matching socks, stretch and color must match!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Socks?...What are those?...I don't do socks!...I haven't worn socks in almost 20 years now!!!!...My feet are always hot/warm...Socks make my feet feel like they can't breathe & are suffocating ... :D o_O ;) ...
Ha ha... we live where I don't need socks so it was fun to look for them when packing for travelling

P.S. no socks in 20 years... that's impressive #clap

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
socks always get lost in our house so there are lots of mismatched pairs.
one of us only wears black socks in all sorts, short long sneaker etc. so it is a crime to sort those when they come out of the dryer.
the mismatch to wear would be a sock on the left and no sock on the right!!

margje

The O is awesOme
Yes about the always get lost part! (The reason why I buy 2pairs for my husband) A big No about the mismatch for me!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
So socks are a big deal in my family LOL.
My Dad insists on mismatched socks, which drives my Momma and I nuts.
My Hubby wears only grey, navy or white socks.
My Momma only wears sneaker socks - even if she has boots on!
I only wear socks by Pringle or Jimmy Lion because I have large feet for a girl and I hate it when the heel is not in the right place and I have found these always fit me correctly. I also like thin almost cashmere like socks and these are both lightweight enough for me.
SO much sock fussiness in my family.
ROTFLMAO! I voted "so much to say" and I am guessing that you are one of the other 2 that did so far. :p

Socks are one of those "things" that make me tilt at windmills.

Full disclosure: My "kids" are legit adults (23 and 25) but still live at home. I usually run all of our laundry together- we have a septic and well water so it makes more sense to do fewer big loads than a million individual ones. I could let the "sock issue" go if I let them deal with it on their own, but I admit that I bring it on myself.

Personally, I can't wear mismatched socks,-- if they are the same color/style but "feel" different, nope they have to come off.
My DD wears mismatched socks about 30% of the time. They are usually Halloween socks but she wears them year-round. But they usually end up in the same load of laundry so that's fine. It isn't the wearing of mismatched socks that gets to me, its the pairing/folding of them

My DS really makes me batty. He has been a sock slob since he was tiny. Never got his socks into the hamper at the same time. Since he does a lot of hiking on his job, he invested in really good wool socks. Most of them are in shades of grey and tan. 25 years old and he still can't get them into the hamper together. I physically can't pair up the ones that are "close" in color even though he tells me to do that all of the time. Or to throw them loose and willy-nilly into his basket. I just can't. Of course, it doesn't bother him, he is color blind and they all look the same!

#devil

(Bet you never thought someone would have sooooo much to say about siocks! :D:D:D)

ClaireG

CHEERY O
ROTFLMAO! I voted "so much to say" and I am guessing that you are one of the other 2 that did so far. :p

Full disclosure: My "kids" are legit adults (23 and 25) but still live at home. I usually run all of our laundry together- we have a septic and well water so it makes more sense to do fewer big loads than a million individual ones. I could let the "sock issue" go if I let them deal with it on their own, but I admit that I bring it on myself.

Personally, I can't wear mismatched socks,-- if they are the same color/style but "feel" different, nope they have to come off.
My DD wears mismatched socks about 30% of the time. They are usually Halloween socks but she wears them year-round. But they usually end up in the same load of laundry so that's fine. It isn't the wearing of mismatched socks that gets to me, its the pairing/folding of them

My DS really makes me batty. He has been a sock slob since he was tiny. Never got his socks into the hamper at the same time. Since he does a lot of hiking on his job, he invested in really good wool socks. Most of them are in shades of grey and tan. 25 years old and he still can't get them into the hamper together. I physically can't pair up the ones that are "close" in color even though he tells me to do that all of the time. Or to throw them loose and willy-nilly into his basket. I just can't. Of course, it doesn't bother him, he is color blind and they all look the same!

#devil

(Bet you never thought someone would have sooooo much to say about siocks! :D:D:D)
Honestly @faerywings you just made my day! I didn't know I could find another sock person in the world. I sympathise with you, the mismatched sock thing is a HARD NOPE for me!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O

#devil

ha ha ha ha ha... I am still laughing as I'm typing this.. Re wearing Hallowen socks all year round - DD loves Xmas socks... and and would often wear those... mismatched, of couse... my son and hubby - they have 15 IDENTICAL pairs each (different of course), so pairing them up is an easy job, they don't care and I'm rather proud of myself for making that happen.