Oscraps

April 2022 Challenge #1 - Artist Inspiration

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
1648346603152.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

I'm excited to be here hosting this month's Artist Inspiration Challenge. This is one of my favorite challenges to host because I l ove seeing how an artist inspires members of this community in so many different ways.

For this month's challenge, we are going to look for inspiration in the art of Leonid Afremov. I chose
Mr. Afremov because I love the style and the bright colors. Here are a few examples of his work. If you click on his name, you'll see many more examples. Feel free to be inspired by any of them.

mycatmax600.jpg

mytoys600.jpg

foggypark600.jpg

For this month's challenge, you can go anywhere the inspiration takes you. The only rule is that you should not use any piece of the art work on your page as it may be copyrighted. Just be inspired by the artist's work.

When you post your layout, please share with us the artwork that inspired you.

My inspiration

farewelltoanger600.jpg

This piece of art really inspired me to create an art journal piece using these colors with a watercolor effect.

My page
SeekingAlwaysSeeking.jpg

RULES:
- Be inspired by the artist's work but do not use any piece of the art work on your page.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST 30 April 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button​

Last edited:

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
These bold colors are just amazing! Thanks for the fun challenge! My inspiration piece:

image_469-modified.jpeg

...and here's my page:

seniorgal

Here's the one that inspired me:
image_2145.jpeg

Here's mine:

mom2triplets04

well I went with the chaotic paint background inspired by
when-dreams-come-true.jpeg

my layout

My poem reads:

Myla is now at camp