Oscraps

Daily Ooos: October 23-24: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy, Happy Weekend, O-zies!
I hope everyone was able to sleep in later than usual. Don't even bother to ask, you know that I didn't. My back/hip simply give up on me between 4 and 5 am.
I was tired all day yesterday but got even more by dinner time. I am not sure if it is the crummy sleep or the after-effects of the shingles shot. Still not feeling super great at the moment but at the moment, it is way too early to tell.
Yesterday, the phone rings at 9 am and it is my mom, asking me if she could keep Scott and how special he is. He had been there for less than an hour and already she wants to keep him. My dad texted me after Scott left to say what a help and how special he is. Then my mom called in the late afternoon to say the same thing. Do ya think my parents like my kid? :p If they only knew what a disaster he was in HS. SMH. Let's put it this way. My friend works in a local school district and suggested that he apply to be a substitute teacher while he is unemployed. He said not a chance, that if there is anything like Karma, he wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole. He still tells us stories of stuff he did in HS that shock me. It is amazing that he graduated, but I think they wanted to get rid of him ASAP.

I think he is kind of special too in spite of his antics. He was never mean, his only fight was punching a kid who was bullying someone else. But if you found a bag of cooked spaghetti in your desk... that would be him...

One of the things that Caitlyn and Tom did was walk through his town and look at the scarecrows. The town holds a contest for decorated scarecrows and everyone participates. Schools, businesses, families. They were so creative. One of the elementary classes made a Gru and each kid painted a tiny pumpkin to be the Minions. Another made a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree out of pumpkins. The businesses had themed scarecrows- a scarecrow was carrying letters by the post office, and a church set up a table of scarecrows at the Last Supper. One little boy saw them taking pictures and they overheard him asking his mom if she thought they liked his scarecrow, so they went over and took pics of his too. I wish my town did something fun like that, all we get is obnoxious fighting over *everything* on Facebook.

Today is dreary and rainy and I don't feel like I want to do anything. I am heading to the FP and then we have someone coming by to look at a dead tree on our property. There is no way we can afford to have it taken down completely, maybe they can just take off some of the bigger branches.

Wishing everyone a fab day and weekend!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great time with Jen and D. What movie will you watch? Give pets to Taz and Remi, My goodness, what a difference with her and how well she bounced back after being so sick. I would come and work in your yard in a heartbeat- mine is such a mess ATM you probably wouldn't want to

Kay- how nice to be able to catch up on some sleep. I don't want to think about the clocks turning back. That is the absolute pits that your computer has shut itself down. Mine is giving me the option to update to Win 11 and I am intrigued but way too nervous to do it. I do not want to mess around with it. Hope yours doesn't give you any more trouble.

@tanteva Hugs! Hope the brain can English again soon

@scrap-genie Hahaha! Isn't that the truth, I feel the same way too

@Cherylndesigns Of course you didn't stay grumpy too long, I don't think it is in your nature :)
So exciting to have your Christmas shopping started! Could you imagine if she tried to pack the skillet in her luggage? Talk about an extra fee for the weight.
I know that you said that Chuck has lung issues so it would probably make sense for him to get the booster. The Moderna booster is only a half dose so perhaps that would make more sense if you decide to get it since now you can mix brands. Still not sure what Scott is going to do and I guess it isn't a huge rush since he isn't in public often with not working.
A cleaning spree, I miss those days. They hit me mostly in the spring. Hope you got everything done!

@taxed4ever What a long conversation with Heather, how is she doing? Are the boys getting itchy for Halloween?
enjoy the weekend painting and scrapping! We have the same weather on this coast.

the photos that Caitlyn took, other than the scarecrows, will end up in a scrapbook she is making for Tom for their 1 year anniversary- still a ways off (Jan or Feb, can't remember) but I might have to bug her for a few- she took a couple of really cute ones of them and he got a picture of them with my parents when they surprised them with a visit on Tuesday.
My fingers are still crossed that DS and fam can make it home for Christmas!!

@tjscraps Hope the kids let you sleep really late today!

@tanteva yuck... so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I agree, it is a day to rest and snuggle with your kitties. Get well soon!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. @faerywings Thx for the b-day wishes Chris. I’m one step closer to retirement...yay! That’s how I look at this b-day LOL. I’m not surprised at your parents’ comments about S. Your kids are super special, you know that :) The photos C and T went on sounds like fun. I would have loved that.

I’m enjoying the early morning quiet. D is still sleeping. Remi has eaten, I’ve got a coffee, Taz is napping on the couch. Remi still gets me up around 6-6:30 but after months of this, I’m used to it and now enjoy getting up so early.

For the movie later I’m picking something that B might enjoy. I know she read the Artemis Fowl books so that fantasy movie would be a good pick and the other is Jungle Cruise (we saw the other two, not that B would remember of course but I think she enjoyed them). No change with her except for repetitive thinking where everyday she thinks she is leaving the care home so starts to put everything in piles, packing up to move out. Every day she has to be told, no not today, and they put it all away. They will be putting her in a neuro-psych unit for a week soon for further testing to see what meds might help the behavioural problems. I’m looking forward to hanging out with her today and she’ll love playing with all 3 dogs (J will bring Bella). I’m going to enjoy burritos, nachos and cake later. I figure I can indulge this wkend b/c I get a new bridge put in at the end of next wk and I know I won’t feel like eating much for a awhile.

I think I’m going to go do a challenge page this morning. I haven’t worked with Anna’s stuff for awhile so that might be fun.

I’m off to get another coffee and go scrap for a bit. Have a great day everyone.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Ok ... MIA ... me, the sofa & Downton Abbey all day.

BTW - is there a difference between a sofa and a couch? Or could you use it for the same piece of furniture. I could google, but why bother when I have a group of intelligent people to ask? LOL

Need candy, tea and honey. Send me ASAP.

(I'm such a cry baby when I'm sick, you should be happy I don't sit here chatting with you all LOL)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Happy Saturday ladies!! It's another rainy day, but no where to go, so thats ok! Got Happy news last night as our Son phoned us to tell us they will be here for Christmas!!! Where is that happy dance emoji?? super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif Ohhh here's one LOL. Actually they will be flying out on the 17th of December on an Air Force Flight and will be going skiing with some good friends for a few days then here for a bit and then Christmas Day will be spent with Jackie's parents over on Salt Spring Island then back with us on Boxing Day, they will fly home on the 30th!! Now if we could just manage to get Heather and the Boys here too, but I doubt that will happen as our Son-In-Law Jonah has not gotten his vaccinations yet. (we don't talk about it with him). There is no sense, its like talking to a brick wall. Pretty hard for Heather to try to travel with two little boys unless it was a straight through flight, so most likely they will not be able to join us. Darn it! DH and I are going to go to a movie tonight, we haven't been to the theatre since Covid first hit. It's just our local little theatre so there won't be too many there. DH really wants to see the new Bond movie, so we will bravely wear our masks and try to stay away from everyone else. I am still waiting for a package that I ordered from Chilliwack on the mainland, been waiting 14 days for it to be delivered, can you believe that???? Its a short ferry boat ride away. I don't get it? When I track the package I just get the message that is delayed. NO KIDDING!! The package is two 18inch wood rounds to make door signs. Not sure why I can't find anyone on the Island that will do it for me? Oh well good thing I don't have to have it done before the last free shipping Tuesday! I am going to work on getting some T-Shirts made for Jonah for Christmas and get Heather a nice warm sweater and get those mailed out instead. Will work on my paintings and hopefully a Calendar page, I am very late getting started on that!

@faerywings - C and T's walk around town sounds so much fun!! I bet the photos were great! What a delightful thing to do for Halloween!! Wish there was something here like that too! Of course your Mom and Dad ranted about Scott, he's a great kid! Both your kids are amazing, you must be such good parents! Hope you are feeling better soon, yes probably the combination of flu and shingles shots put your body through a lot, no wonder you feel tired! Take care of you!!

@bcgal00 - Sure hope you have a great day with B and J!! I am sorry that B's memory is not improving, sure hope that the time in the neuro-psych unit will shine some light on what meds will help her out! Have fun working with some Anna products today! Happy Birthday again! Enjoy your movie and treats!!

@tanteva - Sorry you are still under the weather!! Sofa and couch are the same thing. The english language is so confusing sometimes.

Ok its time for some breakfast and another cup of coffee, hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

tjscraps

@tjscraps Hope the kids let you sleep really late today!

They did!!! I slept til 7:58, which is unheard of for me - DH (Mark) was up ungodly early (4 am) and headed off the little one until then. It helped the headache back off - I tend to get headaches with the weather and it shifted here, super rainy since last night.

@tanteva sofa and couch are the same thing. Sofa is maybe more formal? Chesterfield is another word for the same thing, if you’re a Canadian lol

Taking the little to a bday party in a few min - we have an extra kid today, my friend’s grandma was transferred to hospice so we have the little so she can spend time with her.

This afternoon we get to visit with my mom and her new husband, they’ve been gone a few weeks so it’ll be nice to visit.

Tomorrow will be busy getting ready for our HOT TUB that is arriving Nov 2. We ordered it in April, just now getting it. There’s some prep work outside we have to do, but super excited we are finally getting it, just in time for winter!

Have a good day everyone!

Caro

CHEERY O
It's rainy here today too...Just when my daughter and I planned to start our park walks. Oh well :p ;)

X0B1hH2.gif

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow... the day started off to not be so good.... got a notice from my cable company that they are discontinuing email service as of the end of next month!!! Need to move all my emails and contacts into a different email sever and/or save them elsewhere. Well, the save them download put them in a non-usable file (.tgz to .tgr once un-zipped) to import into other servers... UGH! Spent a couple of hours of trying to figure how to change them but not willing to buy a converter program for it - that is a big PITA! Did a bit more reading of the notice and finally found how to import some of them into a google email server. That may take several hours to a day to get them imported. Just discovered that none of my email folders./contents will not be saved- so I may have to transfer them back into the main email folder and then do another save on it. Then I still have to save my contacts and then import them to the new email. Then will be the long process of notifying contacts of change of email address... and going to places that use that email as a contact point... like doctor, hospital, etc. Yikes... I am tired just thinking about what all is involved! My brain is spinning so may just take the rest of the day and just read or watch DVDs...

felis

Hello girls!

Kay, this sounds as so much efforts, it can bring everyone headache!

Caro, it's actually sounds pretty cute to snuggle at the bed with good book until the rain is falling outside! One of the precious things at the autumn.

Trina, I really sorry that I wasn't able to respond on time about your black ink story! It's so funny definitely one of these moments that left in your family story and are retell with years. I think you are growing one future artist. Hope that the children bday party will be fun for the parents too! I'm not pretty sure what hot tub mean (is that jacuzzi?), but congrats for your new!

Trudy, it's an awesome news for your family Christmas party! Fingers crossed that Heather will can come too, after all SIL can decided to drive instead fly!

Eva, get well soon! Echinacea tea do the magic.

Rae, have a good time with B and J! It's breaking my heart every time when I think that you are still unable to take her home! Hope that the new therapy will be better!

Chris, this ravens exposition sounds really fun to visit! Did they send you some photos to scrap them? Yes your kids are awesome, that's the pure true, my dear!

At the past few days something very strange happens with me. I'm feeling as Alice following the rabbit, constantly on rush and under some urgency! I can tell exactly what I did these days, but feels it like I'm watching on side how my alter ego did these tasks, while the real me is in some blur alternative dimension. I don't know is that make sense at all and did you know that's feeling, but it's really weird. The only positive thing is that this alternative me is doing very well with cross off tasks from my ToDo List.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening my lovelies.

Chris @faerywings I never stay "grumpy" very long. I rarely get that way, but thankfully, I don't stay that way. If I did, it wouldn't be pretty. LOL Sometimes, I just vent and Chuck learned a long time ago to just let me vent. Guys think they to "fix" everything, don't they?

How cool that the town has a Scarecrow contest. We got one this year and had to use duck tape to tape him to the porch post. otherwise, he's be up on the county road. We had to "busy our flag" it got ripped up so badly from this unrelenting wing.

I got some of Asher's gifts today!!! It was SO much fun to get to "hold" them. The hooded sweatshirt won't arrive until November 20th. Chris @faerywings I was dying over your comment about Steph carrying that cast iron skillet home on the plane. Can you even imagine how many alarms that thing would set off????? LMAO TSA would come running from every nook and cranny.

Not much news here - it's gorgeous (sorry all of the rainy stories) - but kind of hot again. We've had all of the windows open and the fans on high. Every once in awhile, a door slams shut and scares the "stuffin'" out of us, but I have some door stops. Lila is here and she about jumped out of her skin on the first door slam.

Happy weekend and waving to all.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, O-Fam!
Hope you are all doing good today, I was up again a little after 4 am. Ughhhhhh... Thankfully, I am not feeling as mentally groggy as I was yesterday. The only effect I am feeling post-singles vax is my arm is still a little sore and my lymph nodes are really painful. That is surprising that it would hurt that much after three days. OTOH, I am extremely relieved to have my mammo results because I know that would make me worry.

Caitlyn and I had fun when we went to the FP and then hit a garage sale on the way home. The Pantry had dog toys and I got a stuffed Halloween spider!! I also got a second toy so they wouldn't fight. They get so excited when I bring them home stuff :D They killed the bird toy which I had picked because it felt more durable. The spider is still in one piece although I doubt for much longer. I thought for sure they would each grab a leg or two and tug until it ripped.
One the way back we saw signs for a Garage Sale at the American Legion by my house. I had seen a FB post last week that showed Halloween items so we popped in. Nothing spooky- but it was Fill a Bag for $10 and they had so much paper scrapbook stuff. So much! Caitlyn and I shared a bag and she stocked up on paper and punches and stickers. Everything had been donated by Joann's. I got a couple of wooden plaques that I might paint and some wired ribbon for gift baskets.

After lunch, I rested(ish) and scrapped. It is a page for a Nov challenge, but it is very cute and I can't wait to share it.
The tree guy came and is able to take the tree down for half of what the last estimate was for. The first company said they had to bring in a crane, this guy said he could do it without. It will be sad to see the tree go but better gone than through the roof of my house. :/

Not sure what I am going to do today. I might clean out my supply closet/organize it. The stuff I ordered last week will be here hopefully by the end of this week so I will want to have room for the new stuff. Then the regular get ready for the week things to do. Maybe some scrapping as well?

Whatever you all do, I hope it is fun!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 That is a great way to look at birthdays -- retirement!
Did you and the family have a good time last night? What movie did you pick? I bet B had a blast watching the dogs play together. <3 It has to be so difficult for Jen to see B think that she is coming home every day. That is heartbreaking. Is the neuro-psych unit the same one that she was in before?
The ex-bf isn't in the picture anymore, is he?
*bites my tongue*
Sorry. [tape smilie]

@tanteva how are you feeling? Hope you got Urban to bring you tea and candy while you rested on the sofa. I use both words interchangeably.
BTW, I am reading the last book in the Circle/Key/Fire series and every once in a while I will see a word that doesn't *quite* make in in the translation which makes me smile. They were talking about one of the girls having "words stuck in her throat" as in speechless but they used gullet, not throat. It sounded odd. Translations have to be hard because English is such a strange language
Is May Day a really big celebration in Sweden? The parties in the book were lit. No pun intended. Maybe it was. Bonfire, lit-- haha!

@taxed4ever Is the weather any better today by you? It was drizzly a lot of the day yesterday but the sun is out today. Hope you have the same.
Oooooh!! I am dancing with you!! You must be so excited to have it set that DS is coming home!!! Are you required to be vax'd to get on a plane? And Jonah won't get vax'd? :(
Was it weird to be in a theater? Hope the movie was good.

Thank you to all of you for saying that my kids are good kids-- all of your kids are awesome too!

@tjscraps Your DH gets a gold star for keeping the kids occupied so you could sleep in! Bet you were happy to have a little extra sleep since you were going to a kids' birthday party.
Chesterfield is another word for sofa? Huhn. Isn't that an old-fashioned brand of cigarettes?
Ooooooooooooh! Sooooo jealous about your hot tub! I'd be counting down the days until Nov 2.

@Caro you sound soooooo disappointed to have to cancel that walk. :p

Kay- why in the world would your service do that with the emails??? Argh! That doesn't like a lot of time to make the switch to Gmail. Good luck getting that sorted.

@felis I asked Cait if she would go through and send me some of the pictures to scrap but she hasn't yet. I am going got have to bug her again :)
I have felt that way too, like I am here but also not here. Glad that one of you is getting the To-Do List taken care of heh!!

@Cherylndesigns Chuck is a smart man to know when to let you vent. I wish more guys were like that. *nods* Scott tries to help Leah like that too and I tell him it's not a good idea... *wink*
I am incredibly stressed over Christmas gifts. I wish I wasn't. How nice to see them as yours arrive in the mail. Doesn't it feel strange to even be thinking about Christmas? But it is going to be here before we know it. *gulp*

Enjoy the day my lOves!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I was feeling better, but now I'm not sure. But I'm up and about - easier to feel well, when sitting down, knitting & absorbed in Downton Abbey :)

Both April 30 & May 1 are big days in Sweden, but very different traditions. April 30 is a day to greet spring - bonfires and booze ;) May 1 is the Union/Worker day with political manifestations all over the place.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, after hours and hours spent at it yesterday, I got the emails transferred to the new email account but still have to go through folders and either print out pages and pages - or move them into the main email section and then resave them all. Yes... I was finally able to export my contacts list then import them into the new gmail. I have started the list of places I need to go to so I can change the email addy to the new one. Geeze... what a PITA this is. Needless to say, I was stressed over getting just that much done. Decided that this will be a 'Do Nothing' day... may just read and relax all day and ignore the switching of email servers until later on.

Eva, yes - divan and sofa and couch are the same thing. A hide-a-bed sofa is one that has a folded up frame/mattress in it.

Trina, I had to LOL over "chesterfield".... haven't heard that used for a sofa in years!!! Didn't know that it was still in use in Canada. And, yes, there was a brand of cigarettes named Chesterfield.

Cheryl, I had a US flag that got torn-up by the wind, too. Son-in-law took it to the local VFW as they do a flag burning ceremony when they have enough damaged flags. Several years ago, DH changed where we hang the flag due to rubbing against the house and getting damaged. I know what you mean about the wind blowing through the house and causing the doors to slam. The noise is enough to 'stop your heart'... We are suppose to have high winds again today... upwards of 60 mph gusts!

Chris, of course your kids are great... Sorry the arm is sore from the shingles shot. I should be getting my 2nd one in a couple of weeks. Think I will have them give it to me in right arm as the poor left arm has been getting all of the shots lately and is slightly tender still.

I slept in until 8:30AM again today so am late getting around to taking a shower and getting dressed. Hope you all have a good day.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, loves,

Well, we have all of the windows open and the fans on again today, but the rain's coming - my shoulder is aching. LOL I'm afraid that's going to become my barometer. I had to put my halter on before I could sit down to type.

Chris @faerywings yes it does feel strange to be ordering Christmas gifts. However, like I said, one of them doesn't even arrive until the end of November. That's going to be the problem this year - GETTING them. I told Steph that Asher might have to be happy with gift cards. He does love those, though. I can take him to Game Stop - hopefully, they'll have stock there. I also ordered Steph an Oklahoma hoodies, but who knows when it will get here. We ordered a few more things for her, so hopefully we'll get them all. It's SO strange what you can and can't get and how fast you can get them. NO guarantees. I just pray that my Christmas tree made it to the attic when we moved. There's so much stuff up there and I can't go up there. I'll have to con the kids into going up there. Artificial Christmas trees are on the "probably can't get list". Better buy them now if you need one and see one. So, I need to make sure mine's up there.

The attic is very cool - it's like a second level to our house and is totally floored and you can stand up - I wish I could make it up that pull down ladder. Don't worry, Chris @faerywings it's just wishful thinking. I can see you breaking out in a sweat as I type. BWAHAHA

I'm laughing over your dogs and their toys. Our last big dog, a Lab, destroyed every toy I brought home to him. We always took bets on how long it would take him to "kill them". Daisy has a toy basket in the LR, but she rarely plays with any of her toys - unless Lila is here. LOL Lila heads straight for the toy basket and of course then Daisy has to have one. When Lila's here, I find the dog toys all over the house.

I got a LO done for Vicki R and one for the new Anna Lift. I scrapped a picture of Alyssa that Ava took and I'm super happy with it.

Kay, @BrightEyes how wonderful that you got all that computer work done. It's such a drag, but one that you feel so good when you get it done. Good job!

Eva, @tanteva you're right about Downton Abby - all I need to do is hear that music and I'm soothed. I have the whole soundtrack on my playlist. I love it, but it makes me sad at the same time.

Waving to all and I'm going to go post my layouts now.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good afternoon, everyone! I'm back as a cheery-O!!!! Yay.

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday and @faerywings yes, Chris, the countdown has begun :)

I got out for a few hours this morning to walk around the neighborhood and snap some pics of the fall colors before they disappear (wind and rain storm starting today). I think this year is the worst in many for the lack of pretty fall foliage but I managed to find some pretty leaves to photograph. I was just finishing up when a light rain started so I was able to get home without getting soaked.

This afternoon I'm editing a portrait session, want to look thru CT stuff (after my absence, things are a bit different) and need to do some training with Remi later today. I started a Christmas themed book yesterday (every year I read Xmas themed books throughout Nov/Dec) and am enjoying it (The Holiday Swap).

Hope you are all enjoying the wkend. BFN