Oscraps

July Challenge #7 - Recipe

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
1624289259929.png
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Welcome to the July Recipe Challenge.
My name is Kay aka Bright Eyes and I will be your hostess for this challenge.

I really enjoy doing recipe challenges and seeing the unique and diverse pages that are created using the same recipe.
For this challenge - you must include everything listed in the Recipe but you are free to add other items of your choice.
And just to make it more fun - there is a TWIST to to the cluster requirement.

July Recipe

1) 2 or more papers

2) Photo + Frame

3) Clusters - 1 large and 1 small - NOTE: See the TWIST below

4) Title

5) Word strips or 3+ lines of journaling

You may add other items of you choice

CLUSTER TWIST - be sure to read and understand this one

CLUSTERS WITH FLORALS - LEAVES:

Most clusters are made with florals and leaves but for this challenge we will be
adding as many or more of other types of elements as the number of florals & leaves in the cluster.
It is your choice of the type of elements you wish to include with the florals and leaves.
Example: Large cluster: 5 florals + 3 leaves + 2 bushes = 10 elements

Add 10+ butterflies in the large cluster (I added 13)
Small cluster: 2 flowers + 1 leaf = 3 elements, Add 3 butterflies.

CLUSTERS WITHOUT FLORALS - LEAVES
Note: You do not have to use florals/leaves in the clusters you create -

in that case you need a Minimum of 10 elements in the Large Cluster and 5 items in the small cluster.

Please list what is in your clusters in your post.

ETA... to clear up any confusion -

Butterflies are NOT REQURIED
They were used as an example of how many additional elements are needed in
large and small clusters that have florals and leaves.

Use YOUR CHOICE OF OTHER ELEMENTS in addition to the florals/leaves.
If there are florals in small cluster - you must add other elements to it, too.

I fell in love with The Butterfly Effect bundle by On A Whimsical Adventure​
and all the beautiful butterflies.​
OAWA-TheButterflyEffect-Bundle copy.jpg

I chose to add Butterflies as my additional elements along with florals and leaves.
Large cluster: 5 florals + 3 leaves + 2 bushes = 10 elements + 13 butterflies
Small cluster: 2 flowers + 1 leaf= 3 elements + 3 butterflies.

I also blended the green paper into the blue/brown background paper.

I look forward to seeing your creations for this challenge.​

RULES:
-
Add Recipe items:
1) 2 or more papers
2) Photo + Frame
3) Clusters - 1 large and 1 small - NOTE: See the TWIST
4) Title
5) Word strips or 3+ lines of journaling
May add other items of your choice

- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 7 gallery by midnight PST July 31, 2021 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
At first, I was totally intimidated by this challenge but once I got going, it was so much fun. What I did to make it a bit easier was to make the clusters in a separate PSD file, each one in its own Group. That made it easier to keep track of the elements and to attempt to keep the layers "organized." heh
Thanks, Kay!

Chris, I did the same thing with the clusters - made them on a blank page and wrote down the elements - then transferred them to main page. Love the softness and beautiful colors in your page. So elegant and delightful. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I must apologize... my instructions on The TWIST to the clusters was not as clear as I thought.
Here is an addition to the instructions that I hope clears up any confusion:

ETA... to clear up any confusion -
Butterflies are NOT REQURIED
They were used as an example of how many additional elements are needed in
large and small clusters that have florals and leaves.

Use YOUR CHOICE OF OTHER ELEMENTS in addition to the florals/leaves.
If there are florals in small cluster - you must add other elements to it, too.

I added this to Post 1. If you have any questions about it, please PM me and I will devour to clear up any confusion.

Also remember:

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Kay. It was no so easy for me and made me fun.

Oh, Yummy!!! Love the food added to the clusters. The photo reminds me of Italy...and the great food there.
So glad you joined the challenge and shared it with us.

Note:

That would make it easy for us to see what you added to each cluster. Thanks so much.

FLKaren

Hi Kay..... here is my updated take on the challenge. I really am sorry about my confusion. I am so much happier with this one, LOL.

Recipe ingredients:
1) 2 or more papers. {Paper #3 and Paper 9 blended together for background}
2) Photo + Frame
Large cluster has 4 leaves + 9 flowers
Additional pieces: paper stripe (duplicated), splatter x3, branch (duplicated), stamp (black branch) duplicated, text/script brush, two stitched doodles (duplicated), ribbon (duplicated), round newspaper frame (duplicated) = 16 pieces.
Small cluster has 2 leaves and 3 flowers.
Additional pieces: dolie, string, text/script brush, ribbon, and scatter.

4) Title "Beauty in Bloom"
5) Word strips or 3+ lines of journaling {two stripes used}

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Hi Kay..... here is my updated take on the challenge. I really am sorry about my confusion. I am so much happier with this one, LOL.

Recipe ingredients:
1) 2 or more papers. {Paper #3 and Paper 9 blended together for background}
2) Photo + Frame
Large cluster has 4 leaves + 9 flowers
Additional pieces: paper stripe (duplicated), splatter x3, branch (duplicated), stamp (black branch) duplicated, text/script brush, two stitched doodles (duplicated), ribbon (duplicated), round newspaper frame (duplicated) = 16 pieces.
Small cluster has 2 leaves and 3 flowers.
Additional pieces: dolie, string, text/script brush, ribbon, and scatter.

4) Title "Beauty in Bloom"
5) Word strips or 3+ lines of journaling {two stripes used}
Wow... I really love this one... the off set frame over the masked photos is delightful. I agree - this one wonderful.
And as I added to the instruction - I am sorry it wasn't as clear as it should have been.
Thanks for hanging in and making this wonderful page for the challenge.

terryspear

Birdhouses, Birds, Butterflies and....a Fox
This was really fun! Love birdhouses, the one in the center is a handpainted birdhouse I own.
Large Cluster: 5 birdhouses, 3 butterflies, 5 flowers, 4 brushes, one seaweed
Smaller Cluster: 3 birds, 5 flowers
2 Papers--one from CB Land of Wonder, and one from Lynne Anzlec: FFWizard
Title using Lucida Handwriting Font.
Word Art: Lorie Davison's Ragged Linen Alpha Word Art: Once Upon a Time

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Birdhouses, Birds, Butterflies and....a Fox
This was really fun! Love birdhouses, the one in the center is a handpainted birdhouse I own.
Large Cluster: 5 birdhouses, 3 butterflies, 5 flowers, 4 brushes, one seaweed
Smaller Cluster: 3 birds, 5 flowers
2 Papers--one from CB Land of Wonder, and one from Lynne Anzlec: FFWizard
Title using Lucida Handwriting Font.
Word Art: Lorie Davison's Ragged Linen Alpha Word Art: Once Upon a Time
Oh, what a delightful page. I love the birdhouses.. and these are adorable. That fox is so cute.
Glad you had fun with the challenge. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I enjoyed the challenge! I blended 2 papers together.
Love this sea side LO... wonderful photo of a light house. Really like the sea themed elements in the cluster and the cut wave image near the bottom of the page. So glad you joined the challenge.

Pia/Pippin

Great recipe, so fun! Here is my page.

The-white-rose.jpg

I used the following items for the clusters:
Big cluster: 5 flowers, 3 greenery, 3 ladybugs, 2 butterflies, 2 dragonflies, 1 bow and 1 sign with the title.
Small cluster: 3 flowers, 2 greenery, two butterflies, 1 dragonfly, 1 ladybug and 1 bow.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Fun challenge and a great way to make a recipe challenge more interesting.
I have all the required elements: 2 papers,the 2nd one attached to the mask/paint, photo and frame, 2 clusters, title and 3 journal lines. I threw in a doily for a background mat.
twist:
lg. cluster 2 vines, 6 flowers (one is a double flower on 1 stem)=8 elements Added 2 bow and 7pearls (1 extra to make it odd numbered)
sm cluster: 3 flowers=3 elements. added 1 ribbon, 1 locket 1 lace bit

Thank you for the challenge and the recipe Kay.x
Image is from Pixabay
I added 2 papers... a frame .... for the large cluster I added 7 flowers, 3 leaves, 3 Ladybugs, 3 Butterflies, 2 bows,2 Smilie's
for the small cluster I added 3 flowers, 2 leaves, a frog and a Dragonfly. I also made 3 word strips.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Here's my layout for this challenge:

Small cluster: 2 flowers, 2 ribbons, 1 piece of tape

Large cluster: 3 flowers, 2 gems, 2 ribbons, 1 buttion, 1 bow, 1 tassel, 1 arrow

MSMAUK

Large Cluster: 3 flowers, 3 sprigs, 3 leaf stems, 1 bow, 1 ribbon, 2 scatter paint, 1 paint, 1 charm, 1 disk, 1 bird stamp, & 1 frame stamp
Small Cluster: 2 flower sprigs, 1 paint & 1 charm

mary-lynne

These was a tough one for me! Not used to that many items on my pages, but ended up very pleased with the result! Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone!
All items from Karen Schulz' Spirit of Spring. Large Cluster: Started with 5 flowers and three leafy elements then added 2 confetti, 3 ribbons and 5 eggs. Small Cluster: Started with 2 flowers and one leafy element then added 1 confetti, and two eggs.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Great recipe, so fun! Here is my page.

View attachment 355696

I used the following items for the clusters:
Big cluster: 5 flowers, 3 greenery, 3 ladybugs, 2 butterflies, 2 dragonflies, 1 bow and 1 sign with the title.
Small cluster: 3 flowers, 2 greenery, two butterflies, 1 dragonfly, 1 ladybug and 1 bow.

Fabulous photo of the White Roses and like the offset frame. Such wonderful clusters with all the delightful insets and critters. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Fun challenge and a great way to make a recipe challenge more interesting.
I have all the required elements: 2 papers,the 2nd one attached to the mask/paint, photo and frame, 2 clusters, title and 3 journal lines. I threw in a doily for a background mat.
twist:
lg. cluster 2 vines, 6 flowers (one is a double flower on 1 stem)=8 elements Added 2 bow and 7pearls (1 extra to make it odd numbered)
sm cluster: 3 flowers=3 elements. added 1 ribbon, 1 locket 1 lace bit
Karen, such a delightful LO. Love all the flowers in both the photo and the clusters. Yes, I like an odd number in my clusters, too. Marvelous blending in the background and the lace doily add a touch of elegance. Thanks so much for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for the challenge and the recipe Kay.x
Image is from Pixabay
I added 2 papers... a frame .... for the large cluster I added 7 flowers, 3 leaves, 3 Ladybugs, 3 Butterflies, 2 bows,2 Smilie's
for the small cluster I added 3 flowers, 2 leaves, a frog and a Dragonfly. I also made 3 word strips.

Mary, this is such a delightful LO. Love the sun and the word strips. Such an adorable child, Fabulous clustering and love all the critters - especially the frog. Thank you for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Here`s my take on the Challenge::rolleyes:

Large Cluster: Twig,grass,2 leaf sprigs & a flower sprig =5 + 4 butterflies & 1bird =10 in total
Small Cluster: Twig,2 fern leaves & a flower sprig =4 + 2 butterflies & 2 birds =8 in total
View attachment 355900
https://oscraps.com/community/media/anonymous-cat-about-humans.353368/

Tissie, I was LOL over the prose... and such a wonderful photo of the cat. Love the delicate clusters that grace the page. So glad you joined the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Here's my layout for this challenge:

Small cluster: 2 flowers, 2 ribbons, 1 piece of tape

Large cluster: 3 flowers, 2 gems, 2 ribbons, 1 buttion, 1 bow, 1 tassel, 1 arrow
Eva, like the journaling with its positive thoughts and the lovely papers in the background. I like the placement of the sweet clusters. Thanks for sharing this one with us.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Large Cluster: 3 flowers, 3 sprigs, 3 leaf stems, 1 bow, 1 ribbon, 2 scatter paint, 1 paint, 1 charm, 1 disk, 1 bird stamp, & 1 frame stamp
Small Cluster: 2 flower sprigs, 1 paint & 1 charm
Sandy, what a marvelous page - love the adorable photo of the mom with child. Fabulous clusters and love the camera to accent the title. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for the challenge. I really went over the top with lots of things & credits. My ingredients are listed in the credit section under the credits. I think I made it clear but if not, please let me know.

Oh, wow... I can hear the song in my mind... You did a fabulous job on this challenge and painted dreams are there for us to see. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
These was a tough one for me! Not used to that many items on my pages, but ended up very pleased with the result! Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone!
All items from Karen Schulz' Spirit of Spring. Large Cluster: Started with 5 flowers and three leafy elements then added 2 confetti, 3 ribbons and 5 eggs. Small Cluster: Started with 2 flowers and one leafy element then added 1 confetti, and two eggs.
Mary-Lynne, you did a wonderful job on the challenge - even if it out of your comfort zone. Such a cute photo and your clusters are so neat. Glad you stretched yourself and joined in the challenge.

LDArtist

This was a challenge that became super fun!

• The large cluster has: a clock, dots, 4 dried flowers (2-orange, white, yellow), 2 leaves, 2 rolls, a metal butterfly and bug.
  • The smaller cluster has: leaves, a tag (with the date inside), dried flowers, twig, a button, a metal bug.
  • I also used two papers, four word strips, the frame and Title.

Hope I hit everything asked for in the recipe!
It was fun shopping for the ingredients!