Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, June 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, O-zies. *waves*

I survived food shopping! Whoo-hoo! It was like I never left. Literally, it felt like I was there last week. And I say that it really literally felt like that. Other than some people wearing masks, it was exactly the same.
Other than food shopping, I did laundry. Talk about a dull day.
I spent some time with Cait and the rats. It is so sad to see Dilly's back legs not working but man, she can *move* when she hears the treat bucket LOL!!
I am cleaning this morning and I want to put dinner in the crockpot before I head out. I am going to do some quick personals for Tues and Wed if I can finish up in time.

Have fun today!

PS: I only needed a glass of wine after dinner- see, I did good! :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Tuesday:
@bcgal00 That is fab that you took the dogs for that long of a walk, is your back holding up ok? Remi seems like she is very smart and eager to please you.

Kay- that is pretty wild to have so much large hail. The winds must have been whipping. The challenges are terrific as always! I did one and am going to upload another today. Gary fixed Cait's car and Tom is hoping to fix his- it was the starter.

@tanteva that is the story of my life, where did the day go? I feel your pain for having to make two dinners. Last summer, the Dr thought Gary had Crohn's disease and Gary went gluten-free for a couple of months to see if that helped. I was making three different things very often. I love having leftovers although sometimes it takes just as long to heat stuff up as it does to cook fresh.

@felis She is back!! Yay! It has been very cold here too, I hope that it feels more like summer soon.
I am happy that you enjoyed AmiguruMay! I am looking fwd to seeing all of the projects you made- amazing that you got 15 projects done! My eyes are rolling at the comment that the shop owner made to you about the yarn. She should have been happy that you were buying so much. Silly woman.
I was thinking that too- I am in a bad mood so often lately :( I told Caitlyn yesterday that I feel that this past year has given me some narcissistic tendencies that I want to go away. Cait is very happy when she is around Tom. He seems to care a lot about her. Scott's job is boring. He was hoping it was going to be more interactive with the people hiking and stuff, but a lot of the time he is just driving from park to park to keep an eye on things. He is thrilled to have a job/paycheck so that is a big plus.
I adore that poinsettia! Adorable!!!

Kay- glad that you realized that before you made the trip to the base.

@nancyr It is still chilly up here but better than having to have the heat on all weekend. I see we might get into the 80s next week.
Sound like you have lots of hockey to watch, enjoy! I only commented on one of your LOs but I looked at them all, I can't get over the blue sky in them. All were gorgeous!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Wed:

@LSlycord So darn good to see you!! I am so sorry that you are having such trouble with diabetes and your Dr. Gary is Type 1 and on an insulin pump but when his sugars get all wonky it makes him feel horrible. The stress with the heart murmur (Is it Mitral Valve Prolapse?) has to add to it. I wish I could help in some way but I can send you hugs~~~~
I was reading an article recently that even if we weren't personally affected (as in sick yourself, family member sick, or death in the family), the pandemic itself is a trauma. It is important for everyone to recognize that in some way, we are/were all traumatized by it and that just b/c we might not have experienced it as dramatically as another, it still affects your mental well-being. That is a rambling way of saying yes, it has taken a toll on your emotions and you shouldn't feel bad about admitting that. More hugs to you~~~

@taxed4ever yay Trudy is back too!
Like I said to Linda, it is 100% understandable that everyone is struggling. Also in the article I read was that so many of us had been in a "fight or flight" mode for over a year and now that it is starting to get calmer, our brains can move out of Survival Mode. That will also contribute to depression, malaise, and anxiety as we deal with the stuff our brains couldn't handle before.
I am so happy that you are getting to see that family next month!!!!! It is going to be wonderful for you! Thrilled for you!!
Such cute t-shirts! Did you make these with your Silhouette?
Oh, yup- I scrolled down. I am glad that you have been busy with swimming and gardening and being so crafty.

@nancyr How nice that your SIl is coming to see you soon. It is really starting to feel more "normal." It was the same here, cloudy and mostly cool, but humid. That weird combination of feeling cold and hot at the same time.
Thanks for the info on the fonts- I have An Unfortunate Event, but not Best Lady- I am going to do look for it now. ;)

@tanteva Sanity. What is that? Must be lost in the translation! Hope that you aren't too tired today. (Work sucks )

@felis hahah! I loved your advice for a battle song. I would have "punched" my way down the aisles if I had thought of it. :D
It wasn't bad, I wore a mask even though I technically don't have to. About 40% of the people in the store were wearing masks. That made me feel pretty invisible which was a good thing.
I should ask Caitlyn about paradigms- I am pretty sure that is the basis for behavior modification therapy- you go back to a situation then create a new way to deal with it, basically like rewiring your response to it. Eva - you use that, IIRC?

Crud, I am late. better get going! xoxo

LSlycord

@faerywings congratulations on the grocery shopping! Funny how quickly things can feel normal...and then there will be a small thing that throws us off course.

@taxed4ever it sounds like we both had a bit of a month Trudy. Glad that things are starting to feel better. I love those cards...I agree, especially the shark card. Tell me what you use again...is it a Cricut? I think that I'd like to do something like that.

@tanteva it is so good to have you back here. I loved your thread on journaling. I'm like you, I scrapbook to journal.

@nancyr I saw that about BJ Thomas. I loved him when I was younger. I remember my mom and I seeing him in concert...probably close to 40 years ago. We were in the 3rd or 4th row and he had the most magnificent eyes.

@felis I love your avi. And yes, the weather is good here so that will help my mood for sure.

Talk to all of you later.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I am super tired today. Didn't help that my plan of staying in bed a loooong time today reading, was CRUSHED by that BIG FAT FURBALL we call Mårten, decided that his human was getting up before 7 today. Jumped up on my pillow (he weighs about 12 lbs/5,5 kg) and started to chew on my hair???!!

Did a layout on another site today using a fun tutorial. At least if I'm sleep deprived, I learned something new. I used the title to divide the page - turned out pretty cool.

Dinner plans: boil some rice and fry up some veggies - thai style, I think. Some peanuts, and we can call it dinner. I'm not sure what I have in the fridge & cupboards. For John, I'll pop some chicken nuggets into the air fryer. Cooking 2 dinners a day doesn't have to be harder than that. At least none of us have any allergies, I can basically cook the same to all of us, just minor differences.

Today I can hardly understand how I survived for over 50 years without an Airfryer!!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Quick hello to you all this morning as I am off to the Craft Store to get some paper and wander around for a bit looking at all the goodies! Then off to the hairdresser today for my cut and colour. It will be nice to be pampered! Another very hot day yesterday in the 30's again but a bit cooler today and of course not such great weather for the weekend.

@faerywings - Glad you survived grocery shopping, yup its just like Deja-Vu going back into the store LOL. I had a pretty boring day yesterday too, got the plants watered and did some laundry (boring day).

@LSlycord - Yes you and I were pretty much totally MIA for the past month, but hey we need to escape sometimes! I use a Silhoutte Cutting Machine, the Cricut is similar but the software for the silhouette is more like Photoshop so I did not find it difficult to adjust to using it. Also Cricut's design store is way more expensive and my Silhouette Cameo 4 machine can do a bit more than the Cricut. Either one are great machines if you are interested in trying it out. Do some research first and decide which one would be better for you. There are also other machines and the Scan and Cut one looks interesting too.

@nancyr - Yes DH and I were very shocked by the Habs win over the Leafs!! Never thought I would ever be cheering for the Habs in my life but really do not like the Leafs. Now we are going to be cheering for the Jets LOL. Hope the Bruins come through with a win tonight!

@tanteva - Yikes that's a lot of dog to be woken up by LOL! Chewing on your hair?? too funny! Your dinner tonight sounds great and that is something I need to do today is look through the cupboards and get my grocery order done. Glad that you learned something new and fun during your scrapping time!

Ok I better get in the shower and get to the craft store before DH comes home for lunch. Have a great Thursday everyone!

felis

I should ask Caitlyn about paradigms- I am pretty sure that is the basis for behavior modification therapy- you go back to a situation then create a new way to deal with it, basically like rewiring your response to it. Eva - you use that, IIRC?
Aww, Chris if Cait is familiar with the law of attraction absolutely ask her how to do it! I promise if I fix this mess I'll take for her furless cat! :p;)
No, it's not that paradigms is a pattern or programing through constant repetition of a thought, phrase, belief, or habit. As I'm raised in family with patriarchal father and Victorian novels, my subconsciousness don't look on women like responsible for finances, so I'm shopaholic, but I'm single, so it's a big trouble.

Regular post later!

tanteva

@tanteva - Yikes that's a lot of dog to be woken up by LOL!

He's a big FAT CAT - he's been hopeless today. Jumped up in my lap in the sofa today, and landed on the top I'm knitting, making the stitches slide of the needle ... like 20 - and the yarn unraveled. I'm gonna strangle him someday, I swear! :D

tanteva

It's 10 pm here now. Been tired all day ... am I tired now? Of course not! Can someone please get over here and hit me in the head with a sledgehammer? LOL

Gonna take something to eat, and then I'm gonna force myself to go to sleep. Will dream about what my super power is for @AZK 's thread. Sleeping is definetely not it.

Reactions: AZK

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
He's a big FAT CAT - he's been hopeless today. Jumped up in my lap in the sofa today, and landed on the top I'm knitting, making the stitches slide of the needle ... like 20 - and the yarn unraveled. I'm gonna strangle him someday, I swear! :D
Sorry for some reason I thought it was a dog lol

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Finally back home but it was a good day! I stopped at a WM across town on the way over to the base. Couldn't believe my eyes.... they had the purple velvet comforter in King sitting on an end cap! I did a happy dance then grabbed it and checked out. I forgot that the base gate on the east side was closed so had to back-track over to the main gate (about 1 mile west). Got my Rx meds and checked but the Exchange didn't have the potting soil nor the expandable hose. On over to the commissary/grocery store. It wasn't crowded but they didn't have several things I wanted/needed. And the meat prices have risen a lot. Decided that I should use up what I have in the freezer before buying any more. They also have taken out 8 checkout lanes and moved stuff around. Did stop and fill up with gas as the price was quite a bit lower than on the outside of the base. Got the groceries put away - now need to get something to eat.

Yesterday, I made a quick trip to the public library... then stopped at the Senior Citizen Center and their library is now open, too. While I was there, my friend who works there, told me where the Friends of the Library moved to. Not sure what happened but they are now known as the Friends of Literacy and not connected to the city library any more. So I made a trip by their book store and had so much fun looking at all the books they have for sale.... $2 for paperbacks and $3 for hardbacks. Picked up 3 books there and plan on going back in a few weeks - as they rotate stock. They have too many to put them all at once.

Trudy, great to see you popping in and posting. Wow... neat tees! You have been busy as can be be. I understand needing to pull back and only do background things for awhile.

Linda, so sorry you have been ill.... sending healing thoughts your way.

Chris, glad you did fine when grocery shopping. So happy that Cail's car problem was minor and hope that the BF's started didn't cost an arm and leg to have fixed.

The tummy is growling at me as I only a piece of toast today... and it is late afternoon. I picked up some frozen sweet potato fries so will heat them up and have a hamburger with them. Yummy. CYL

nancyr

good evening - well we got more rain this am and now this evening we should be getting more rain and thunderstorms. Yuck! I took my DH to train station as it was a down pour. No walking with Luther as it is threatening rain all day. Plus I was watching hockey. The US defeated Slovakia. So they are on to the semi finals. That is so cool. Then watched the Canadiens defeat Russia in OT. Adam Henrique the Captain of Canada's team is my favorite hockey player. Canada started out by losing their first 3 games and now they are in the semi finals against the USA. I like players on both team so this is the pits. The worse was watching the Swiss lose in a SO to Germany. Germany tied it us with less than a minute to go. Nico Hischier is the Captain of my Devils and felt bad that his team did not win. Now the NHL play-offs are on. Yes I love my hockey. Last night there was a devastating hit where the player had to be stretchered off the ice. I hate that. Those hits are so unnecessary. I had a zoom class with Anna Aspnes. I love her classes as she has also teaches something new. Now to try out some of these new ideas. Last night my son and his fiancé came down and we all went out to dinner for Italian. It was lovely - we walked. I love that I live in a town where I can walk every where. Tomorrow my son is bringing his smoker to our drive way. And then he will cook. This should be interesting.

@faerywings Chris so glad that you did great at the store! I guess it is just doing it - just over coming. Sorry the rats are not doing that well. I cant believe what a short life span they have. I am sure you will enjoy cleaning.

@tanteva Eva I know what you mean about tiredness going away. It seems every afternoon I go through this mega tiredness but if I fight through I am good. Or sometimes I just go and take a nap. Set my time for 30-60 min. That helps. The weather we are having with rain always leaves me wanting to just read. Sorry about the cat. That is the pits when you lose stitches off your needles. Do you have to start all over? I sure hope not!

@BrightEyes Kay glad you got all your errands done. Congrats on the purple King comforter. A reward for being out! I need to find a store which sells books so like yours.

@taxed4ever Trudy have fun at the hairdresser. The talk and coming out feeling new is such fun. I love your 3-D cards. Watching the Bruins and Islanders now. So waving.

@felis Felis love that you see yourself as a shop-a-holic! Have fun!

Have a great day!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Popping back in to let you see what my bed looks like with the new deep purple velvet comforter.
It is a close match to the drapes in there. So pleased with the way it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_2280 smallsize.jpg
    IMG_2280 smallsize.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 4

tanteva

@tanteva Sorry about the cat. That is the pits when you lose stitches off your needles. Do you have to start all over? I sure hope not!
It depends on the yarn a bit. Some threads unravel easier, and some are harder to pick up again (loosely spun with more than one thread e.g.). This yarn is somewhere in the middle of it all - a bit fuzzy so that it doesn't unravel too much, but with a glitter thread mixed into it, which makes you have to look carefully all the time, so that both threads are following along.

The top will be great once it's done. Here's the pattern:

But I'm using this color:

Oh, and Kay - @BrightEyes - I loooove that color of the comforter!

tanteva

Now that I'm a bit more awake and alert, I thought I'd answer this. Not sure what you mean by paradigms but anyway. I have done Cognitive Behavioural Therapy a couple of years ago - 4-5 I think. Did this to help me get out of the house (I had severe problems with anxiety, and needed help to dare to go out by myself), but I've basically used the techniques to handle many things in life.

For me - this means to QUESTION everything my brain tells me. WHY? is the most important question for me. If I have a thought - let's say I'm thinking "I really can't wear this dress!" - then I ask myself why? Is it because it doesn't fit, is it because it's too cold, is it because I think people will disapprove ... or what it usually is: does it make me look fat? When I know why I think/feel the way I do - next step is to - you guessed it - ask why! Do I have a valid, objective reason for this? If so - it's ok - but if I realize the reason is stupid, I'll go against my feeling and challenge myself. Step by step, I learn to confront my negative feelings and thoughts.

It takes time to begin with, but the more you do it, the quicker it gets. Nowadays, (I've been doing this for like 2 years now) I just automatically go to my known responses. Usually it's the same root problem - once I found that, I could get through that thought process really quickly.

Another thing I've been practising on is what words I use. Words have power. I used to think in terms of "must" and "have to" all the time. Even for stuff I "wanted to" do. Like "I have to do this layout now" (ok - sometimes you really "have to" make fun stuff too, because of dead lines, but you know what I mean), instead of thinking in a more positive way, like "Oh I love this kit, I want to make a layout with this". If we always use more negative words than positive - everything becomes a boring chore. To slowly change negative words to positive - this will take time, because we've used to talking negative to ourselves - the happier life will become.

Now - tell yourself something nice!