Oscraps

Wood Piles and Sleigh Rides
S

Wood Piles and Sleigh Rides

Used only Deck the Halls kit by Karen Schulz. Font is Elmaira, photos are mine. I'm the one in the picture with my younger sister. Journaling:
Christmases when I grew up were very simple. I don't remember my first or my fourth, for that matter, but I remember my fifth. I had chicken pox, at the same time as my two brothers and younger sister. Needless to say, we stayed in bed. My only present that year was a broom and dustpan set, my size. I loved it! I would get out of bed, against the rules, and sweep the upstairs landing for fun. Most years we only got an orange and a simple thing, like a Santa cup out of which to drink our Christmas morning milk. Then it was washed and stored, to come out again the next Christmas. I remember the sparkling Christmas tree, though, that cheered my heart and the songs on the radio that became, like friends, visitors to look forward to every year.
link
Wonderful photo of you and your brother. Simple times, happy memories seem a very good combination. Lovely background choice and beautiful Christmas mug.

Love your snowy photo of you and your sister! Beautiful tree! Love all the texture and color in the background and elements!

Beautiful journaling. I sometimes wish we would all return to those simple, meaningful Christmases. What a great layout!

I loved your journaling to go with those wonderful old photos. Christmases in my childhood were pretty simple, too.

Beautiful page and loved reading your story! Love the added elements. An awesome photo of you and your sister.
Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

Layout information

Category
2020 12 Days of December Event
Added by
sabinaraye
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout