Oscraps

Whooper Swan
ksacry

Whooper Swan

I had heard there was a rare swan in the area from Siberia. I saw all the birders and photographers standing around across from a farmer's field in Monroe WA. One of the birders let us look in his scope because he had the one Whooper pinpointed among the many Trumpeter swans. Wow, it was a fantastic bird! My pictures do not due him justice.

Construction: I modified the FotoInspired Template Pack 2V #8. I reduced the size of the entire template and moved one frame. I clipped my photos to the Fotomasks and frames. I turned two of the pictures to Black & White and masked out the bill of the swan so the distinctive yellow showed. I turned off some of the template’s Fotomasks & stitching and revised the zig-zag stitching color and placement.
Foundation: The background paper is Reverie palette’s Artsy Paper #5, to which I desaturated some colors. I added part of the same paper to the upper right corner by masking away everything I didn’t want. I added 6x6 ArtsyKardz Reverie #1 to the bottom left area, brushing out hard lines to better blend into the artsy paper.
I used ArtPlay Palette Reverie Brush11 to add paper transfer look next to my snow geese photo, adding ArtPlay Palette Reverie Overlay1 over the top left side. I also added Overlay2 to the right side. I used Artsy Paint No.12 #10 to add stains of grass green.
Font of text is Baskerville Old Face.
The Cluster: I extracted just the leaves from ArtPlay Palette Reverie Jewels Thistle Flowers. I added the palette’s Denim Flower over the ArtPlay Palette MetroGraffiti Red Stitching, revising the red hue slightly.
Amazing photos and somehow you've captured the motion and grace in still photos! Love the dynamic background and the photo in the lower right!

LOVE the design on this! I'm always trying to find ways of scraping multiple photos onto one page. THIS is the way to do it! Beautiful!

Your photos are amazing, I especialy love the one in the upper right corner.
You're lucky to see such a show.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata