Oscraps

what is a name?
NAdams

what is a name?

My name is not a common name for my generation. I have only known a few even though I taught school for many years.. My cousin insists Nancy is derived from the influence of a Great-grandfather who immigrated from France. Maybe. I know the name is old on the branches of my family tree.

My mother had an older sister named Nancy. Nancy Phillips Hannah (1911-1980).

My grandfather had a sister named Nancy Phillips (1888-1893). She rests in a cemetery in the Appalachian mountains near my great-great and great-great-great grandparents.

My great-grandmother carried the name Nancy Millsaps Phillips (1849-1913). She rests in a grave that has been consumed by the national wilderness area. It is not far from the homestead that she and Thomas raised their family. The hike to the cemetery involves a steep climb and heavy boots.
Credits list
Family Value Pack No. 1
APP Family

Many of the older photos have deteriorated so they were blended into the APP Family Artsy Paper. Usually, I duplicate them and mix the Blending Modes: ColorBurn, SoftLight and Linear Light. There is alot of writing so I kept the elements to a minimum: APP Family buttons, ribbons, staples, and brush work.

Thank you for looking!
Beautiful heritage page! I like how you used the damaged photos all blended into the page.

Wonderfully done and great story about the name. Did you know Nancy can be a nickname for Ann or Agnes? Two of my ancestors were called Nancy but named Agnes in their father's wills.

Fabulous journaling. Love the history of your name. I live in the Netherlands and back in the seventies there were many girls named Nancy here.

Wonderful heritage page and journaling! Love how names are passed down through the generations.

Fantastic heritage page. Love the old photos treatments and blending contrasting to the black and white ones. Perfect minimal elements too.

Wonderful page. Thanks for mentioning how you blended the photos into the paper. I have a lot of old photos I could try to use with that technique. Enjoyed the story-telling too. I've also noticed how some names get carried down through the generations even after missing one sometimes. I like to think they must have been special in some way.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
NAdams
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename