Oscraps

Unknown Family History
zlemon

Unknown Family History

I found this old photo in my Uncle's stash. Only info on the back was Myren. It was among a group of old cabinet cards from Minnesota where my paternal family came from. My grandfather was a Myren, not sure when this was taken, my guess is anywhere from 1900 to 1930? I like to think it was the 30's because they look like they came from the Bonnie & Clyde era.

Used Anna Aspnes' APP Patriarch.

Thanks for looking.
Love your use of postage for framing and elements--the B&W is so very effective. Great blending.

I get the same feeling from this as I do when passing cemeteries and looking at the gravestones...so much history, such a reminder of the inevitable cycle of birth, life, and death. I like the postage stamp motif...truly like communications from the past.

Very cool. Love non-traditional heritage pages. Love all the postage elements and the embossed title work.

I keep expecting light to glint from the background as it's so much like something you'd print or emboss on metal or brushed aluminum. Love the mix of the big postage stamp frame with the triple vertical and the diamond postage shapes.

Wonderful heritage page! Love that it's in shades of gray and the postage stamp vibe! I found a few family photos printed as a post card. Must have been a thing back then.

Love how you double exposed the photo on top of itself and blended it together. The postage elements and desaturated color is perfect.

Amazing heritage design! I have the impression of each generation as it fades and moves forward - each into its time!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout