Oscraps

This is August
Miki

This is August

I heard the crickets chirp and was reminded that the end of summer is near. I became very nostalgic, the chirp, chirp, chirp triggered memories and made me a bit sad that fall is quickly approaching. Their musical sounds reminded me of taking my children to football and cheerleading practice, school shopping for clothes and supplies, the smell of making applesauce, canning tomatoes and getting my classroom ready for September. Shorter days and longer shadows, crisp mornings, and an early frost killing the marigolds, I know that summer is coming to an end.
Credits list
Artsy Layered Template 238
Artplay Palette Summer Days (paper, frame)
Artplay Palette Summer Breeze (paper, transfer)
Artplay Palette Bask (transfer)
Artplay Palette Ablaze (grass overlay)
Artplay Palette Sol (dried grass)
Artplay Palette Ambages (flower)
Artsy Transfers Ambages (flowers)
MultiMedia Suns 2
Autumn WordART Mix 5

Process
Artsy Layered Template #238 was opened up. The frames were turned off, along with the silver paint layers. A solid paper from APP Summer Days was used as the foundation of the page. The stains of the template were recolored and a paper from APP Summer Breeze was clipped to a large paint layer. The frame from APP Summer Days was added with an image of the cricket (from the book "A Very Quiet Cricket" by Eric Carle). A variety of transfers from various kits were added. The page was completed by adding dimensional embellishments, word art and journaling.

Thank you for looking!
I felt every moment of your journaling! Such a wonderful way to commemorate a bittersweet time! I love the big photo of the cricket. It reminds me of when we went to Crete and the cicadas were out. The buzzing was overwhelming!!! Your color choices are wonderful!

Standing O!!!

beautiful page with a beautiful harmony of colors. yes autumn is not very far! a page full of poetry and nostalgia!

Nooo, say it ain't so! I'm not ready for fall yet! I love all the little details in your page. And what a wonderful colour palette.

I felt every moment of your journaling! Such a wonderful way to commemorate a bittersweet time! I love the big photo of the cricket. It reminds me of when we went to Crete and the cicadas were out. The buzzing was overwhelming!!! Your color choices are wonderful!

Standing O!!!
Thank you! You made my day!

I could not be happier this year that summer is on the down elevator, and I steep in those memories too. But then again, everything seems to be triggering memories lately. I get how sound can be a powerful catalyst so I like this page a lot...for me the crickets are the other side of the peeper frogs in the Spring. And, as the Weepies sang, the world spins madly on..,

Wonderful! I'm not going to think summer's over until the snow is the next day, and if it's on Trail Ridge Road I'm going to say that doesn't count. We may be barefoot until Thanksgiving. But the other night when I didn't hear the cricket sounds I knew it was because of the weather and they knew more about changes coming than I do. ;)

What a great page! The colors, the elements, the journaling, all fantastic and so full of emotions. I'm soooo ready for fall. We finally got a little break in the heat today, and 0.55" rain, but humidity still feels like 200%.

wonderful page and sniff, sniff ... for the end of summer ... the crickets chirp reminds me of vacation ...

An outstanding layout!! I love everything in it. Congrats on the so well deserved Standing O!!

Wonderful, reflective journaling. Crickets just remind me of listening one night and thinking they sounded closer than usual, then finding it in my bed.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename