Oscraps

The Road Home
B

The Road Home

The inspiration for this layout came from Adryane and Pinterest. I took this photo 10 years ago flying home from a seminar I attended in Maine. The pilot was banking the plane as we approached the runway and I took the shot. It is the highway between my daughters and my house. I was tickled pink to get such a good shot from the plane.

ArtPlay Palette HearthArtPlayPaletteHearth
ArtStroke Frames No. 1ArtStrokeFramesNo.1
Hearth WordART MIx No. 1HearthWordARTMixNo.1
UrbanStitchez Home No. 1urbanStitchezHomeNo.1
Artist Edges Overlays No. 4ArtistEdgesOverlaysNo.4
TapedNumbers No. 1TapedNumbersNo.1
WildFlowers No. 1WildFlowrsNo.1
ArtPlay Palette VitalityArtPlayPaletteVitality
Photo: Mine
Font: Hellena Script Regular

Process Notes: Using solid paper 3, I placed transfer 6 in the upper left corner and turned it into black and white using an adjustment layer and leaving the transfer on Normal blend mode. Then I added a Threshold adjustment layer, also leaving it on Normal blend mode at 100% opacity. These adjustment layers were clipped to the transfer so they wouldnt affect the paper underneath.

After making the photo black and white and giving it a slight tint, I placed it on my page. Underneath I created a rectangle to mat the photo and filled it with white.

From there, I used the Vitality brush and stamped the three colors and placed the stitched houses over them. (Adryanes influence.)

Underneath the white rectangle I used bits and pieces of the fun artsy stroke frames which include wonderful stains. I also placed a stain over the brick in the upper corner recoloring it.

Over the photo, using Artsy Brushes I added one of the house colors in the upper right corner and along the top. I did the same over the bricks in the corner, thereby creating that all important triangle. I also added the title in the upper left corner with the same color, then added the word art on the photo and recolored it to white.

To finish the layout, I added the journaling at the bottom of the photo, stamped the wildflower, added the tape to the upper left edge under the title along with the artist edge. And there you have it.
Wow! What an awesome shot and the fact it's such a treasured road! Gorgeous - love the blocking behind the houses.

A great photo, real magic, the stiches houses with the colors behind are beautiful, I love the great background and the color combination of your gorgeous page!

Fantastic aerial photo! Love the paint blocks behind the stitched houses and placement of the title! Wonderful page, Barbara!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout