Oscraps

The Main Attractions
B

The Main Attractions

This photo is a scan from one of several old photos my friend Lydia has of her home town of Peshastin. It hasnt changed that much since the Model A times this photo was taken and also it stretches a couple more blocks than the photo shows. Different businesses now for sure, and the buildings look a little different, but you would still recognize it from this photo. They have a pet parade every spring down main street, which Im not going to miss this year. Its a place where everybody knows each other, whether you like that sort of thing or not.

AnnaRelease 28 February 2014AnnaRelease28February2014 On Sale

ArtPlay Palette Go RetroArtPlayPaletteGoRetro
RoadTrip WordArt Mix No. 1RoadTripWordARTNo.1
RetroAmerica No. 1RetroAmerciaNo.1
Additional Supplies:
FotoBlendz Overlay No. 11FotoBlendzOverlaysNo.11
Splatters No. 1SplattersNo.1
PaperTextures No. 6PaperTexturesNo.6
PaperTextures No. 2 (Retired)
ChevronTextures No. 1ChevronTexturesNo.1

Notes: Using artsy paper 1 as the foundation, the fotoblendz mask was brought in and the photo clipped to it with a Linear Burn blend mode on the the mask. A couple of transfers were placed along the left edge of the page and duplicated photos were clipped to those, with one on Color Burn blend mode. A third transfer was placed under these layers at the bottom right edge, also on Color Burn. And finally a fourth transfer was added to the left edge over the photo layers and put on Overlay. The retro glow is over the photo towards the right and blended to Overlay.

Bringing in the title from the word art mix and using the Blend Ifs to sink it into the paper and put on Hard Light blend mode. The retro America stamp was placed just below it along with a paper texture. Other paper textures were added at the top left and at the right edge of the page, along with a word art overlay.

The gumball machine with the labels added behind it and the cute lights hung from the hanger at the top next to the title, finished the page.
I would hang this on my wall :)
Beautiful work. I love the handwritten identifiers and your choice of the gumball machine is perfect.

I so love the handwritten labels on the photo, makes it so special - amazing blending! gorgeous page!

Terrific combination of colors and shapes here and an intriguing way to look at Main Street. The marquee rising up overhead is a super focal point. Of course I am drawn to that gumball machine...it seems like just the thing one would pass while on the way to the pet parade.

Love the handwritten script over the photo! Wonderful design and color also!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout