Oscraps

Sunflowers
Done for the September Creative Photo Editing Challenge #1
Journaling reads:
I ordered a packet of mixed sunflower seeds and a packet of Maximillian sunflower seeds and planted them this past Spring. They have just begun to bloom in the last week or so. Now I am trying to figure out the names of those that have come up. The closest I could come up with is that these are Velvet Queen Sunflowers and it looks like there are several varieties (according to my Google search). I love these!

1. Duplicated the large sunflower photo
2. Enhanced the duplicate to Black and White in PSE15
3. Created the Layer Mask
4. Selected around the portion of the flower I wanted full color returned and filled the selected area in using the hard round brush tool at 100%.
5. Using the dry brush tool at about 50% returned the color in the bottom half of the flower.
6. Clipped both copies of the flower to a photomask that I duplicated.
Credits list
All products used are by Anna Aspnes in the September Featured Products Category:
Artsy Layered Template No. 249
Camera FotoBlendz No. 1
FadedWords Photography No. 1
4 X 6 ArtsyKardz Snapshot
6 X 6 ArtsyKardz Snapshot
ArtPlay Palette SnapShot
SnapShot No. 1
Font for journaling is Arial Narrow
Photos mine
Fabulous coloring! I love all the blending on the page and how you used the background colors to blend with the photos. It's all gorgeous! Now I hope you'll do another page showing the sunflowers in their true colors, too. (Just curious, here, since I can't even grow weeds, LOL).

Fabulous coloring! I love all the blending on the page and how you used the background colors to blend with the photos. It's all gorgeous! Now I hope you'll do another page showing the sunflowers in their true colors, too. (Just curious, here, since I can't even grow weeds, LOL).
Ha! I'll do it just for you! ;)

The b/w photos give me the feel of the night moving gradually into day, before the golden beauty of the flowers shine!

This is terrific. Everything works. Love the way the old camera is behind the black&white photos, the filmstrip on the right and the awesome work on the main flower.

love sunflowers and you id such a great job applying color ot one sunflower only

thanks for joining the challenge

Layout information

Category
Challenge 1
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata