Oscraps

Sunflowers-in-Color
vickyday

Sunflowers-in-Color

This is the color version of the layout I did for the September Creative Photo Editing Challenge #1
Journaling reads:
I ordered a packet of mixed sunflower seeds and a packet of Maximillian sunflower seeds and planted them this past Spring. They have just begun to bloom in the last week or so. Now I am trying to figure out the names of those that have come up. The closest I could come up with is that these are Velvet Queen Sunflowers and it looks like there are several varieties (according to my Google search). I love these!

@[38072:mad:FloridaGranny] this one's for you! ;)
Credits list
All products used are by Anna Aspnes in the September Featured Products Category:
Artsy Layered Template No. 249
Camera FotoBlendz No. 1
FadedWords Photography No. 1
4 X 6 ArtsyKardz Snapshot
6 X 6 ArtsyKardz Snapshot
ArtPlay Palette SnapShot
SnapShot No. 1
Font for journaling is Arial Narrow
Photos mine
Omigosh, Vicky, your flowers are gorgeous! And fascinating looking, very different from what I think of as "usual" sunflowers. Your page is just as beautiful in full color, showing the contrast between the almost neutral background and their vibrancy. Thank you, thank you, for this second page! :)

Omigosh, Vicky, your flowers are gorgeous! And fascinating looking, very different from what I think of as "usual" sunflowers. Your page is just as beautiful in full color, showing the contrast between the almost neutral background and their vibrancy. Thank you, thank you, for this second page! :)
You are so very welcome!

Beautiful! I particularly love the "click click click" label--I do the same thing with my flowers! (BTW if you're looking for the same general color palette, just not quite so tall, with flowers that bloom from July through hard frost, and also great in containers, try Rudbeckia “Hirta Autumn Colors.” My neighbor planted a bunch of mixed sunflowers this year from seed and they came into bloom for about a week and then were crushed by IDA. Bad weather year here. :(

Beautiful! I particularly love the "click click click" label--I do the same thing with my flowers! (BTW if you're looking for the same general color palette, just not quite so tall, with flowers that bloom from July through hard frost, and also great in containers, try Rudbeckia “Hirta Autumn Colors.” My neighbor planted a bunch of mixed sunflowers this year from seed and they came into bloom for about a week and then were crushed by IDA. Bad weather year here. :(
When I was trying to figure out what the name of this variety, it was a toss up with Rudbeckia and Velvet Queen. I went with Velvet Queen because that was the name on the packet of mixed seeds I planted.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename