Oscraps

Skydiver #4
musicmom3

Skydiver #4

Hygge Artsy Transfers **new and on sale** http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtsyTransfers-Hygge.html
Hygge word art no. 1 **new and on sale** http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Hygge-WordART-Mix-No.-1.html

Notes in Photoshop Elements 14

This is the fourth in a little series exploring what happens when down becomes up.

I started the same way as the others, with a copyright-free cloudscape image, dragged onto the canvas and flipped vertically so the clouds were on the bottom and the sea was at the top.

I added the photo of the vintage lady and positioned it roughly on the sky. Then I started dragging in the Artsy TransfersNo. 2 and No. 4 to start, and AT #5 later on. I clipped my photo to a stain layer, then duplicated the photo and clipped it to most of the other stain layers. There was a transfer layer, so I duplicated the photo again and clipped it to that layer, too.

That's a lot of duplicating and clipping, but it is really simple work. The trick is to stay on top of the blending--there are a lot of hard edges that have to be blended into the background. There are also a lot of fun things that can happen when you reposition the Artsy Tansfersfor example, in this piece, moving a few layers of gold paint around to give the lady a little tutu-type skirt using white spatter to look like swimming goggles.

I take the easy way out on all of this, dealing with each layer one by one, turning off the visibility of all but the background layer and then marching up the layers panels one layer at a time, blending each as needed. Once the blending is done, I repeat the same move and test out different blending modes. All very methodical but it makes for some interesting results.
I am loving your skydiver series. The premise kind of reminds me of how I live my life. :) I love how you use the Artsy Transfers to make her tutu. You are fabulous and so is this piece.

Beautifully creative! I love the reversal of sky and ground and the transfer tutu!

love the creativity and blending of the sky and water. what will she do next?

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout