Oscraps

Simple Joys
Joansmor

Simple Joys

Inspiration – This weekend I went to a couple of Sugar Houses that were participating in Maine Maple Sunday weekend. I got photos and syrup.

Start – Create New File File>New 12x12 300

Mask – Placed Framed Mask 6.4 on the page and I colored the nonframe layers using Edit>Fill.

Photos – I attached my photo of the evaporator to the mask layer using Layer>Create clipping mask. Then I extracted the bottle of maple syrup from the picture and placed it in the lower right corner. I added a drop shadow to it. A third picture I placed under the Framed mask. I added a mask to that photo and masked away most of the photo. I turned to photo to Black and White using Ctrl U, added a Color Burn blend mode, and reduced the opacity to 40%.

Transfers – Put Artsy Transfer 2 in the upper right corner and Artsy Transfer 1 in the lower-left corner.

Elements – The ribbon I placed on the bottleneck using the warp tool on the shadow to make it appear further off the page. Moved the torn paper under the fotoblendz overlay and the extracted bottle.

Brushes – Used brush 3 to connect the photo to the transfer in the lower-left corner. And Brush 16 was put on the left edge to extend the art on that edge. Took a thread brush from one of the Multimedia to place on the left edge of the Framed Mask.

Words. The wood word Joy and bead word Simple were stacked to create a title. Underneath I placed a word transfer and above that a foto glow I took from one of the multimedia flowers. I changed the mode of the glow to Linear Burn. Lastly, I added a word strip over my photo of the evaporator to which I added an outer glow.
  • Love
Reactions: bcazzell

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings