Oscraps

Shopping - The New Normal
isDK

John Maclean

aA Paper, Flower, Transfer, Brushes, Scenic LTA

Photos: Cottonbro (model with fan), Pixabay (hat shop mannekin)

With time to kill in Ft. Collins, we visited Sierra Trading Post. Shopping has changed a lot. Very few people, all wearing masks as required. The dressing rooms were blocked off. Try at home, they said. I found a cashmere sweater in a color I liked and had been looking for, for years.

Not sure the photo is of John Maclean but it might be. Also not sure I'd remember his comments on femininity in his Q & A series on YouTube, but they have had an important influence on me and I simply wanted to remember his name. I've had a crop of the photo on Twitter as my avatar, and when a friend saw it she said he looked a lot like John Maclean, who I had never heard of.
Yes, shopping is very different! I went this week, mostly to return an item, and was so anxious. It turned out fine, but I hate having to yell at people to be understood between two masks. This has great flow and imagery, and am enjoying the pink :)

Shopping may be different, but your design is very chic. Yay on the sweater find!

I do all my shopping online now and then usually send it all back. Great visual statement! Love the flow and lacy texture!

Our new normals even flow over into digital art. I'm saving a ton of money by not leaving the house much these day. So happy you found a great sweater, I'll bet it was pink!

it's the same with us too. I don't even want to go shopping anymore. Fortunately, scrapbooking gives us colors!

There doesn't seem to be much need for clothes shopping as it is seldom that I leave the house. Have ordered many new pajamas and sweats and find it so much more comfortable--why didn't we always wear
these ?!! Glad you found a sweater--the cold will be coming soon.

Luckily I have a ton of yoga wear which is now just everyday wear. I do like STP and miss browsing there, especially the dog toys. Christmas is going to be very different this year. No piles of presents under this tree! Fab layout, good goin' on that sweater!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
isDK
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout