Oscraps

She Was a Proud Momma
vickyday

She Was a Proud Momma

Recipe Challenge #7 found here: https://oscraps.com/community/media/october-recipe-challenge-7-jpg.369214/

Journaling reads: Mom was not one who liked having her picture taken. But, I think from the looks of the expression on her face in this photo that she is a proud momma holding her infant, who is one month and 22 days old in this photo. The infant happens to be me! “Her hair is as black as coal!” she wrote on the back of the picture. I got my black hair from her. Dad’s hair was red. Some of his buddies even called him, “Red.” 11-30-1955

One of the papers from the Tattered and Torn set has a burnished edge. So, I blended it on top of the papers using the Soft light blend mode and that made the burnished edge required around the layout. The required ribbon is peeking out from behind the torn paper on the left side.
  • Love
Reactions: isDK
Beautiful photo of you and your mom. I really like that you added the big orange blossom alongside the photo with the cluster because when I read your journaling I knew it was for your dad.

Oh I love how you scrapped this photo! Your journaling is really great...takes me back in time!

Love your 50s vibe and you're lucky to have a photo of her to treasure. ;)

I am a '50's baby too. A few years older but I do remember the era. Your mom does look pretty happy and the journalling helps define the moment in time. The ripped edge and the colours chosen are fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to play along.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 7
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename