Oscraps

Robina
Applechick

Robina

The minute I saw Anna's new collection I knew what I wanted to do with it - a page about my Great Aunt 'B'. I remembered that my Mum had given me an old notebook belonging to "B' when she was in training as a cook during the war; only problem was that I had no idea where it was. I have spent all the last week searching through all my 'safe' places for the notebook! Today I finally found it so the recipe you see for tea scones for 100 men is the real deal lol! I now need to do more research into this Great Aunt as I realise that apart from a vague recollection of her being a cook, I have very little information.

I started with one of the Artsy paper as a foundation then layered extra transfers on top. The figure was placed on top Overlay mode then I repeated the face choosing darken mode then erased part of the face with a soft brush and set the fill to 59%. Added the recipe and part of the front of the notebook both color burn. Lastly the MM embellishments and word art.
Credits list
Magnificent use of older photos and papers that may be in disrepair. The impression of who the person was is foremost. excellent memory page. Good luck in finding out more about your beloved Auntie B

Magnificent use of older photos and papers that may be in disrepair. The impression of who the person was is foremost. excellent memory page. Good luck in finding out more about your beloved Auntie B
I've already texted my cousin so she can ask her mother more info about Great Aunt B. My Aunt is 96 this year but so far her memories seem to be ok so hopefully I will learn more. B was a spinster but I have a very hazy memory of my mother telling me that her love died in the war, huge regrets that I didn't ask questions earlier before my mother's dementia took hold!

Fantastic story as well as the layout! Don't you just love when you finally find the treasure you've been searching for.

Fantastic story! Glad you found the book.
This is so beautiful! Love the photo treatment!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename