Oscraps

Reminiscing...
The kit - The World is a Book by Many Designs Studio - reminded me of my dreat grandmother but when I unzipped the files and saw this magnifying glass I knew what my layout was going to be. I had created the border cluster before I chose my background paper - something I rarely do as I like to start with the background - and couldn't make any of the kit papers work - so ended up blending two together using linear gradient tool. I also applied elliptical gradient and overlay mode to the title.
Credits list
What a beautiful vintage style page... perfect for the beautiful photo of your great-grandmother. Like that you blended 2 papers for a perfect background. Love the soft flowers and other elements for the border. So glad you joined the challenge.

This is simply beautiful! I love that you made the border first. I think of only flowers and leaves and maybe string in borders...love the magnifying glass and the lamp and the books and the old watch. This is stunning! And your journaling reminded me that my great grandmother also used a magnifying glass to read her Bible...so very many years ago. Great work on this challenge.

I had to do a double-take between the photo of your great grandma and your avatar pic. You look like her! Such a beautiful page! Love the soft color tone! Such precious memories! I didn't even get to know my grandparents, let alone a great grandparent!

I love heritage pages and yours is inspiring in so many ways. I enjoyed reading about your wonderful great-grandmother; I love the elements you chose for your border; and I love how your background turned out. Fabulous work!

I loved reading your memories of your great grandmother and seeing the photo. The magnifying glass and the oil lamp are so appropriate. Wonderful vintage layout.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 2
Added by
Jam-on-toast
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename