Oscraps

Reflection
ksacry

Reflection

When I saw Très Bon No 1 #8 mirror sketch, I knew I wanted to do something with that as a person’s reflection. I looked for a photo on the web I could use and found free for use Pexels-Photo by Pavel Danilyuk-7881487. The photo treatment was created separately from the layout using a watercolour technique from Anna’s Blog Create Flair with Watercolor Techniques

Text Reads: The world is a looking glass and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. Frown at it and it will in turn look sourly upon you; laugh at it and with it and it is a jolly kind companion. William Makepeace Thackeray

Construction: I started with the photo watercolor sketch, reversed it, duplicated it twice using blending modes Darken and Color Burn. I placed the Très Bon No 1 #8 mirror sketch under the girl’s reflection, reversed it, duplicated it, using a solid color adjustment layer to match the brown to the girls hair. I then placed Très Bon No 1 #7 “L” shaped filigree sketch, matching the same color, at the bottom of the sketch.
I chose the Très Bon palette’s Solid Paper #2 for the background and built it up using numerous transfers, brushes, and art strokes. I added Très Bon WordART Mix No 1 ScriptTease #2 in 2 places.
I added elements Flower #1 and String from the palette with UrbanStitchez Leaves No 3 #3 to the girl’s hair.
I used Très Bon WordART Mix No 1_Beaded Threadz “Lovely” with UrbanStitchez Leaves No 3 #1 as the title.
Font is Euphorigenic.
Credits list
aAClassic re-release of ArtPlay Très Bon Collection (with ArtsyTransfers) is On Sale Now through April 19th at 9 am EDT.
ArtPlay Très Bon Collection
ArtPlay Palette Très Bon
Tres Bon No 1
Très Bon WordART Mix No 1
UrbanStitchez Leaves No
I was already writing my comment in my head, then scroll, and Diane said exactly the same thing. Yes! Beautifully done on the reflection and brush. I will be hunting for a photo to try it.

Love how this is so delicate in the soft coloring, and the lovely image and reflection. You've created a beautiful romantic layout.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename