Oscraps

Praying Mantis - Skylark
lacy

Praying Mantis - Skylark

Or is it Preying mantis? Anyway, we vacuumed leaves today, and I saw this guy munching on leaves near where I'm trying to get a Sassafras sapling to grow after we had to cut down the old one. :( He looked up at me as if to say, "Do you mind?". These new camara phones are quite something. When I came back inside, rewatched Master Custom Blending session 1 and put this together pretty quickly. He really was this color (well I did a little bit of adjusting to make his eye pop), but I am always amazed how Anna's designs and colors are so spot on.

I started with Skylark Artsy Paper 3 and simply placed my photo where I wanted it and used Anna's quickie gradient method then used a few brushes from the ArtPlay Palette to refine the edges. I embellished with elements, button threadz, Skylark brushes, a couple layers from MultiMedia Magic Sprinklez 1-2, word art and date.
Credits list
ArtPlay Palette Skylark (free with purchase of Master Custom Blending Class at annaaspnesdesigns.com) (brushes, yellow thread, knotted string, wood bead, label word)
ArtPlay Frondescence (yellow button)
ArtPlay Rudeneja (straw circle frame, Change Word Art Carpe Diem)
Button Threadz 2-14
MultiMedia Magic Sprinklez 1-2 (white splatter, tiny stars, white stain)
LOL this is fabulous! Love the photo and the dimension you created in this layout. Nice interplay of those circles too--the framing and the lace.

Super close-up of the mantis and awesome page you've built around your photo! This reminds me that I have a photo of one I took last year I should scrap. ♥

What a fabulous photo and photo cluster. Love the way he pops and the way you built up the leaf clusters.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename