Oscraps

Place
B

Place

This is admittedly a horrible photo taken with my point and shot camera through the windshield of my daughters car on the way to Pybus. But at the same time, I found the photo had a totally American landscape kind of feel, so I just couldnt delete it, and now its in a layout.

Journaling: I love it when a piece of a towns history is respected and revitalized as the Pybus building on the Columbia River. It started out as a small blacksmith shop owned by E.T. Pybus, an immigrant from northern England in the early 1900s, then grew into a steel fabrication company that served the nation. Then sadly it closed leaving the building empty. Now its come back to life as a farmers market with shops and restaurants, and the industrial design of the building intact. Its surrounded by a beautiful park stretching for miles along the river. In a tear it down, build a strip mall kind of country, this is such a jewel to behold. I love going there because it has a sense of Place.

ArtPlay Palette QuaintvilleArtPlayPaletteQuaintville
FotoBlendz Overlays No. 10FotoBlendzOverlaysNo.10
ArchiTextures No. 7ArchiTexturesNo.7
Quaint WordART Mix No. 1QuaintWordARTMixNo.1
ButtonThreadz No. 2ButtonThreadzNo.2
Photo: Mine
Font: Bondini 72 Oldstyle

Process Notes: Starting with artsy paper 1, I placed the fotoblendz overlay at the top of the page and clipped solid paper 5 to it and blended the fotoblendz to Color Burn. Bringing in transfer 7 from the kit, I placed my main photo over it, brushing away the harsh edges. I put the photo on Overlay blend mode.

I duplicated the photo, resized it and moved it to the left edge of the page and blended it to Vivid Light and ran the Posterizer filter on it. The third copy of the photo was placed on the right edge of the page, resized again and using a reverse layer mask, I brought it back in the a architecture stamp. Duplicating it again, I put the copy on Soft Light.

Underneath these layers, I brought in more transfers from the palette, placing those at the bottom and left side. I also used a stain brush from the palette.

When I was done designing the page, I made a composite of the layers and duplicated it once. I used the Conte Crayon filter on the duplicate and blended to Color Burn.

I brought in the dimensional elements and journaling over the composite to finish the page.
love how you resurrected your photo just as the building was resurrected. and Quaintville was the perfect APP.

You've worked magic with the photo! Gorgeous page and love the texture!

Amazing -- so glad you did not delete your photo because you have created an extraordinary piece with it. Much enjoyed the story behind your building.

Sometimes, it's good to save those questionable photos, great piece of art with a photo you only thought so so!!

that's what I love about digi scrapping, you can do miracles with lousy photos :) Not saying that yours is though, your pages sure looks wonderful!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout