Oscraps

Oliver's Pillow - Frolic
lacy

Oliver's Pillow - Frolic

This is Oliver from Thanksgiving, 2015. He is my sister-in-law Robin's grandson. And his personality is as cute as he is. I made these small pillows for four of Robin's grandkids, with $5 Walmart kid-size pillows and scraps of that soft, plush Minky fabric. They were the greatest, cheapest gifts I ever made. A few years later Robin requested new pillows for all as they had worn out the first ones, taking them every time they got in the car.

I started with the Artsy Layered Template 237 from Kinsfolk but kept only the three small frames and removed all the other layers. I clipped 3 photos to the frames, extracted Oliver, added custom drop shadows, and placed Frolic ArtsyKardz in between the extracted photo layers and the mask layers. I added Frolic fotoblendz 1-5 and clipped the large photo to it, recolored and adjusted some layers. Above the Background layer placed Frolic Solid Paper 2 and Girl Craze Chevron paper 7 @ 26% opacity (between background and paper layers), plus a Cooling Filter (82) @ 6% density photo filter above the two papers. Next I added Frolic Artsy Transfers 3 and 1, transfer splatter 1, Paper 1, and Gold Paint 1. I grouped all the layers for the 3 small frames and above that added Frolic String Cluster, Holiday WordART Cluster 1-4, Frolic brushes, LW Frolic, Button Threadz 1-2, and text box journaling.
Credits list
ArtPlay Collection Frolic on sale now
ArtsyKardz Frolic MultiPack on sale now
ArtPlay Palette Girl Craze (Available in the Play Value Pack No. 1)
ArtPlay Palette Kinsfolk Artsy Layered Template 237 (on sale now in the AnnaRelease 4 November 2016)
Button Threadz 1-2
  • Love
Reactions: Tamsin and zlemon
Sweet photos and great gift! Something he'll remember and treasure. Love the stars and subtle chevron pattern paper.

:D So funny how they love the simplest things and we try so hard sometimes. Cute photos and the wordart and extras are so perfect.

Just perfect! Love the photos, the story, how cute is Oliver with his pillow! Really nice composition punctuated with a lovely red visual triangle!

Couldn't be any cuter snoozing there on his handmade pillow.
How wonderful that you can make something that is so loved.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename