Oscraps

Old Folk
Applechick

Old Folk

My mother was doing the waggy finger thing here as she didn't want me taking her photograph, but I got it Lol! The same weekend that I captured this she was bemoaning the lack of participation in events from her neighbours in the sheltered accommodation she lives in; "there are too many old folk coming to live in the flats" after a moment we both started to laugh as she will be 92 in August - age is just a number, I knew what she meant! :)

I started with an artsy paper from Tres Bon and then layered on top a further overlay to the right hand side of the page. I clipped the photograph to a fotoblendz on soft light mode then repeated it a further twice to build up depth. I still found that I wanted the eye a little darker so duplicated again erasing everything but the eye area, this meant there are 4 photograph layers. Little numbers 1 brushes are also on overlay mode and repeated with some parts erased slightly. The title is colour burn and in green as that's my mother's favourite colour!

ArtPlay Palette Trs Bon
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Tres-Bon.html

LittleNumbers No. 1
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/LittleNumbers-No.-1.html
Happy early birthday to your mum! She's a wise woman with lots of spunk! Love the photo and blending!

My mom used to do the same thing - she would say look at that old lady and we would laugh and say how old do you think she is and agree they were pretty close in age - age is just a number - love the photo and your blending - this is such a happy page - happy birthday to your mom!

I remember my mom saying she would pass by a mirror and wonder who that old lady was ... now I'm passing by that mirror ... well, I'll go no further. Happy Birthday to your beautiful Mom.

Ha, ha!! I love your Mom!! Mine was the same! (miss her!) She is right age is just a number. Such a beautifully created page!

The textures and blending are wonderful! Thank you for sharing the story!

giggle.
great story and page. love the colours, the blending, the contemporary font - funny contrast to the story ;).

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout