Oscraps

New Powder Room
musicmom3

New Powder Room

A FotoInspired spread about adding a powder room to our old/new (1876) farmhouse. Some challenges, since old houses don't typically have spaces in walls and floors to rough out a new system, but overall it was surprisingly smooth sailing in large part to my dynamo SIL. The photo of the original room, which functioned as a turquoise closet in its previous iteration, drove my color choices for this spread. Otherwise, it was FotoInspired Business as Usual with this design.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and lacy
Yes! Love this! Love the turquoise pops and the way you recolored the half-round stickers. Good idea. And the picture of the store display! I wish I had taken a picture the other day when I saw an 8 lb. bag of potatoes for $10.28 at Walmart! That would be scrap-worthy.

Great storytelling! We've built two bathrooms in our 1900's house, so I know about the challenges! So great to have a handyman in the family! and yes, love what you've done with the tabs!

Now what are they up to?? Your family is the perfect people to scrap as they always have something new going on. Love the new wood floors and the addition of the window.

Love how the turquoise bounces around! The old house is getting new life, exciting! Told my hubby that it's time to upgrade the kitchen, it's been over 24 years. He said, I'm not doing it.

Yes! Love this! Love the turquoise pops and the way you recolored the half-round stickers. Good idea. And the picture of the store display! I wish I had taken a picture the other day when I saw an 8 lb. bag of potatoes for $10.28 at Walmart! That would be scrap-worthy.
That's 'tato craziness if ever I heard, and definitely scrapworthy! Maybe that's what drove the price of my 6-piece chicken nuggets, small fries, and small soda to be over $11 at the McDonalds on the Thruway (though the same meal is about $5 at my local Mickey D's).

Love how the turquoise bounces around! The old house is getting new life, exciting! Told my hubby that it's time to upgrade the kitchen, it's been over 24 years. He said, I'm not doing it.
Walt's a smart guy. I wouldn't do it either...it's so much better to just plan and point (and pay) from my armchair. Having a motivated SIL is the key to DIY, I've found--and my SIL is VERY motivated, as he wants the house to be just so for the new baby!

Super documentation of this project. And what a transformation it is! Sure wish I knew someone who was a motivated DIYer, they are few and far between — at least in my neck of the woods. Lol

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename