Oscraps

NBK - An Unlikely Chanukah
DivaMom96

NBK - An Unlikely Chanukah

Journaling: And then there was the year of the great Chanukah fire of 2005 ...
It was the 8th night of Chanukah, and I had set up several of my menorahs with all of the candles and displayed them on the sofa table. We said the blessings, lit the candles, and the boys proceeded to play video games with their father. I went downstairs to make cards with my friend.
All of a sudden, the fire alarm goes off, and we smell the distinct scent of burning wood. I run upsgtairs to find my sofa table on fire from a couple of the candles that had fallen over from the Menorah!! A little voice went off in my head, Smother the fire! So I grabbed the first thing I could find ... a stack of paper napkins.
Thank God my husband was thinking a little clearer. He ran for the fire extingusher and put out the fire.
I was so shaken ... thank God all of us were nearby and able to put out the fire quickly!
The next day, I went over to the Temple gift shop and purchased an electric Menorah (pictured). It was at least three years before I could bring myself to use a candle-lit Menorah again. It was a most unlikely Chanukah experience!

NBK Template
NBK christmastime-wintertale-woodenpapers7
NBK Be Merry Be Bright magiclights19
Life in Color yellow-ribbon (recolored)
Oh my goodness. So glad the story had a happy ending, although I don't imagine the coffee table was so lucky. That looks like a fascinating Menorah you bought.

Oh my...such a scary experience...so glad all turned out ok... I just don't light candles any more... use the fake ones with electronic flames that flicker and look so real you actually have to be on top of them to know they are not real... Probably not made in the size you need though... Your new electric one is lovely....

Oh my!! Great journaling, really had the suspense going. That's something I would do- use napkins ;) Love how you masked the photo!

Layout information

Category
2016 Advent Event - December
Added by
DivaMom96
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout