Oscraps

My Tribe
musicmom3

My Tribe

This is one of those layouts you do for your kid's scrapbook that you hope will remind her, eventually, that when she feels like it's all such an uphill battle, it's really worth it. The photo shows my daughter, her partner, and her band-mates picking wild grapes in Brooklyn before a performance.

Products:
Kinsfolk Artsy Transfers (#4, #5, #1, #2) **coming soon**
Kinsfolk Artplay Palette http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Kinsfolk.html
Family WordART Mix No. 1 http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Family-WordART-Mix-No.-1.html
Tree Brushes No. 2 http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Trees-No.-2.html
also
Free-use internet bird flock

Notes--Photoshop Elements 14

This layout started with a glass of wine and Artsy Transfer #3that delicious red leaf.

I pulled it onto my canvas and then duplicated it. And all of a sudden I had an inkling of the story I wanted to tell. I chose a pictureit happened to be a color photo with a panoply of clashing hues so I converted it into black and white--and then added more Artsy Transfers on top and underneath, using trial-and-error on the blending modes, until I got the greenish-goldish cast and texture I was going for.

The grapes in Del's hand were actually green, but by making a new layer, setting the blending mode to color burn, sampling that red leaf color, and brushing over the fruit, I was able to paint the grapes so they would better coordinate with what I had in mind.

The other thing I did, toward the end, was to duplicate the photo, enlarge it, and move the pattern from the fire escapes onto Jake's T-shirt (in hard mix blending mode), so the shirt was more interesting than the plain gray one he was actually wearing and sort of matched the pattern of my daughter's T. Doing so balanced the busyness. I do love a full design. Layer-masking allowed me to remove the parts of the photo I didn't need.

I added a few of the tree brushes, not for their shape but for their grungy texture on top of the photo,and a few birds. The word art came last, even though I had it in mind from the very beginning.
Love the great urban feel of this page! Very beautiful design and blending!

this is so wonderfully full, of color, pattern and life! I like your starting process ;-)

They look like they're making some great memories! I love how the photo is perfectly blended into your artsy page. I'm amazed there are wild grapes in Brooklyn.

So amazing--your process!! Great blended BG--love the city vibe and grunginess. Terrific job of casting the fire escapes onto the t shirt--love that! All the little elements that you included that have a special meaning are so fantastic! What a wonderful memory page!!

Such a crazy cool montage. Love how it seems to envelop your daughter and her friends.

Love how you fill a page with so many amazing layers of color and texture! Beautiful artwork!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout