Oscraps

Molly, 2017 Autumn Gold - Wild Autumn
lacy

Molly, 2017 Autumn Gold - Wild Autumn

This photo of Molly popped up in my memories from five years ago. I thought it would be perfect for APP Wild Autumn.

I started with Wild Autumn Solid Paper 4. I built a custom mask using Wild Autumn Brushes on multiple layers, then merged the layers and clipped my photo to that. Next, I built up the background with Wild Autumn Artsy Transfer 5, removing some layers and moving the rest around to frame the photo, changing the blend mode on some layers (Overlay, Vivid Light or Color Burn) and masking out or erasing some hard edges. Below the Artsy Transfer layers I added Transfer 4 (blend mode divide), Overlay 1 (blend mode Darken) and Art Stroke 1. I duplicated the photo, with Blend Mode Luminosity and clipped Photo Filter to it (Warming Filter 85, 33% Density, Normal blend mode @100% opacity). Embellished with MultiMedia Leaves 4-1 with Hue/Sat adjustment to the red/orange, safety pin, Wood Words 6-5 and 6-6 with a bevel/emboss and drop shadow layer styles, MultiMedia Magic Sprinklez 1-2A and 1-2B (white splatters), title and date.
Credits list
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and ClaireG
This is gorgeous, love your blending here and I really like that you have broken down how you did it. I am slowing getting better at this blending thing.

Love the artsy treatment of this beautiful photo! The masking and blending is beautiful. The touch of blue in the ribbon on the leaves is such a surprise which draws my eye in even more and makes me want to look at all of the details. Love that you left so much of the negative space on this page. I'm pinning it for a future lift!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename