Oscraps

Mary
Applechick

Mary

A page about my Aunt who grew up to be a hoarder...her husband did try to keep it under control to no avail and once he died she lost any restraint. It got to the stage where she would sleep on the sofa as every room was stuffed and it was almost impossible to get up the stairs. Mary died in 2012 at the age of 94; her house was cleared while she had a stay in hospital and I often wonder if she was secretly relieved when she returned home to normality or if she missed her hoard.

I just kept layering those glorious papers and transfers on top of each other until I got the packed look of her house; replicated elements on overlay and colour burn mode. White mirror is sandwiched between layers.

**there's a couple of typos I have corrected in the original
Credits list
Excellent documentation. There is a relative who hoards things in my SIL's family--it is hard to process the need to do that, but it very much as as you say, wall to wall. You've got me wondering about Mary now, and how she felt when she returned to a home that had been sorted. Your layout is far too beautifully designed and artful to be called "cluttered," but you've definitely supported Mary's way of life with the "stuff" you added to the design.

Great documentation. There are hoarders in my husband's family, much more than clutter, to the point where living conditions are unhealthy. Love the page design.

Excellent blending and well done on obtaining cohesiveness in spite of the chaos.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename