Love When You Fly
musicmom3

Love When You Fly

Cosmopolis Release--**coming today and on sale**
Cosmopolis Artplay Palette
Art Word Art Mix No. 1
Taped Textures No. 6
MultiMedia Frames No. 4

also: 12x12 page overlay No. 4 (retired)

Process notes for Photoshop Elements 14:
My idea was to collage three photos from a music festival that my son attended while studying in Hong Kong for a semester. I selected Artsy Paper #4 for my base, pulled in all the photos, then started blending. I began with the focal photomy son jumping in front of a music festival bannerand soon realized that inverse masking gave me the best look. I blended the other two photos (a snapshot of the festival rules and some neon staging) the same way.

I had a lot of fun with the background, pulling in many transfers and overlays and doing a lot of brushwork. But the colors soon became quite riotous and to tone it all down, I had the idea of making a desaturated copy of the layer stack and then bringing back the color selectively. To do this, I duplicated the file, flattened it, desaturated it, then dragged it back in, using a layer mask to remove areas where I wanted the color to come back through.

To finish off the layout I added word art, tape, and a few embellishments from the Artplay Palette. I also deconstructed parts of the MultiMedia Frames to grab Threadz, buttons, and some texture. Lastly I added the page overlay for some grunge.
Fabulous! I love the colors and energy in this page, and the different fonts are perfect! Great extraction of your son! l love the way you brought the color back in selectively, it really highlights his photo.

Ditto on everything that Amy has written--the energy exudes from the page--finding more elements the longer I study the page.

Very awesome! So full of energy, color, and vibrant color! Love your work!

Laura, I just knew you would 'go to town' with this APP... and you did! DYNAMIC layout in every sense! Great title too!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout