Oscraps

Like A SunFlower
Miki

Like A SunFlower

Sunflowers dotted around the countryside brighten up my days! This one was found in a corn field.
Credits list
Artpaly Ambages Collection
Artplay Palette Ambages
Ambages WordART Mix 1
MultiMedia Documents 8
Ambages FotoBlendz Overlays 1

Process
Solid papers 2 and 4 from APP Ambages were used as the foundation of the page. The blending mode of Artsy paper 4 was changed to color burn. The image of the sunflower was extracted. Then the center was extracted, leaving two parts, the petals and seeds on two different layers. Artsy paper 4 was clipped to the seed layer with the blending mode changed to hard light with a reduced opacity. Artsy paper 4 was clipped to the petals, with the blending mode changed to hard light. The paper was duplicated with the blending mode changed to color burn to increase the intensity of color and texture. Word transfers from Ambages WordART Mix 1 were clipped to the petals with the blending mode changed to linear burn. Clip art from the internet was used for the stem and leaves of the flower. The same process was used to created the texture. Artsy paper 5 (from the Bonus) was clipped to the stem, duplicated with the blending mode changed to color burn. Note: the papers were moved around to get the wanted textures and colors. Transfers from the kit were layered behind the flower along with splatters. The page was completed by adding word art and dimensional embellishments.

Thank you for looking!
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
LOVE! I love the papers clipped to the different parts of the sunflower! I love sunflowers! In the midst of our very dark couple of weeks, my husband brought me home a sunflower plant to brighten my days! And the words are great!

This is magical, Miki! I love how the center has a nice "textured" appearance, and love all the extra blending you've added.

Great collage work to go with your quote. Seems like I'm seeing sunflowers everywhere this year, more than ever. They're full of positive energy, so that's a good thing I think.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename