Oscraps

Just Like That
B

Just Like That

Following Adryane Driscolls wonderful tutorial Create an Autumn Collage Tutorial, I came up with this version.

Journaling: This is my favorite time of year, when the air gets crisp and the fresh air is bracing and I love to take it deep into my lungs. When its blustery and rainy outside, I love enjoying a cup of herbal tea, a good book and covered by a quilt cozy inside my house with a autumn scented candle burning. The house is quiet, the only sound is the fridge kicking in periodically. Its these quiet moments I treasure.

ArtPlay Palette Fallen Blush[url=http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Fallen-Blush.html]ArtPlayPaletteFallenBlush

Autumn WordART Mix No. 1AutumWordARTMixNo.1
MultiMedia Leaves No. 5MultiMediaLeavesNo.5
TapedTextures No. 6TapedTexturesNo.6
UrbanThreadz No. 12UrbanThreadzNo.12
Distressed ToolSet No. 10 (Retired)
TissueTextures No. 6TissueTexturesNo.6
Layered FotoBlendz No. 1LayeredFotoBlendzNo.1
Layered FotoBlendz No. 5LayeredFotoBlendzNo.5
Photo: Mine
Font; Traveling Typewriter

Process Notes: After opening solid paper 4, I brought in 4 fotoblendz, resizing and positioning. I clipped my photo to the upper right blendz, duplicated it and extracted the leaves, giving them a drop shadow. On the other 3 masks, I clipped papers from the palette, resizing and positioning to show the textures on the papers.

Over the papers I added transfers and word art, blending some and leaving others on Normal. I also added the tissue texture over the brown square. Along the left edge I place another word art mix. At the bottom of the word art I added the leaves, recoloring with an Hue and Saturation adjustment layer and blended to Linear Burn. I wanted them to be the same color as the leaves along the edge of the background paper. Placed the heart and threads over the stem of the leaves completed the part of the page.

Adding the MM Leaves and tucking it under my leaves in the layers panel, recoloring the stain to a cream color, I resized the leaf and its shadow a tiny bit. I also added the branch from the palette, resizing and rotating to tuck under the maple leaves along the right side.

Bringing in the title from the word art mix, I used a style on it and added my journaling, using the Blend Ifs to make it blend into the texture of the paper I had clipped down to the mask. Using a couple of tape textures along the bottom right mask and between the two bottom masks. To frame the top corner of the photo, I used a distressed toolset brush in a green taken from the palette to give the edge a bit of a finished look. I think that covers it.
Wow, wow, this is just stunning, luv all the details and textures - very beautiful ;)

How did I miss THAT tutorial? Gorgeous composition. I'm gonna be all over THAT! TFS

I saw the leafs in this way on a page of cocodou (Corinne) last Autumn, this give such a great effect, a gorgeous Autumn page and tutorial!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout