Oscraps

jPA - AASPN Color Challenge
Patty Anne

jPA - AASPN Color Challenge

Glow Differently

Marie Henderson
was never married and she worked her entire career for the U.S.Navy - both were pretty radical paths to take in the time in which she lived. What a strong woman she had to be - I often wish I could have a long conversation with her about her own roads less taken. ~Easter 1952~

Created for Anna's Color Challenge 1/08 - 1/22/21.
and for the Jan Heritage Challenge.
justPattyAnne aka Patty Anne Henderson
Created using Anna Aspnes:
ArtPlayPalette Vintage RoseArtPlayPalette Amidst
ArtPlayPalette Thrive
ArtPlayPalette Verdure
MultiMedia Branches 14
WordArt Brushes Life Mix 2
WordArt Brushes Subtle Quotes - Life
Brushes - ArtsyBlendz 4
Brushes - Jollification
Brushes - Vie
What an awesome page. I love the title and the story. The elements you've brought together for your page are beautiful.

Beautiful page! Love the cameo, and he rich burgundy with cream lace and roses brings back long-forgotten memories of my own great aunt we called Aunt Pattie, who never married and worked at a bank.

Oh! Wouldn't that be great if you could have had those conversations. She was indeed a woman ahead of her time. What an adventurer and leader of off-the-beaten-paths to follow. Beautifully designed. I like your vertical to horizontal path. (You, too, are a strong lady whom I have great respect for.) Such a lovely tribute to Marie.

I love the way you have scrapped her photograph, so feminine and then the unexpected contradiction within the page that she was a career woman in the Navy, she must have been a tough cookie to go against the expected path for women at that time - definitely an inspiration!

So beautiful! Love the way you have the lace behind the full image and chose the soft roses even though she chose what, then, was a difficult path. Also love the flow from left to right.

Really effective use of that dark background and the spatters dancing across it. The focus on the facial features really syncs with the story. We all have those conversations we wish we had...and so this strikes rather deeply on an emotional level. Bravo!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Patty Anne
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout