Oscraps

Irish-famine-immigration-copyweb.jpg
Tamsin

Irish-famine-immigration-copyweb.jpg

I've have a couple of Irish ancestors on the family tree and one was an orphan who got assisted passage to Australia during the potato famine. I've been reading about what went on and was shocked. I don't think it's widely understood how brutal it was. Worse than anyone can ever imagine. The lucky ones were able to immigrate.
Credits list
Anna Aspnes
I combined an Evenfall paper with the Patience Artsy Layered Template and and took it from there. Used a fotoblendz for the main image which I found on Wiki and a few elements from AP Patience.
Reactions: NAdams and digigal
une grande page qui illustre bien ce dramatique épisode de l'histoire Irlandaise, et d'une partie de votre famille, très bien réalisé, j'aime vos petites photos et documents. :)

Beautifully done heritage page. Your colors depict the hardship of it all, and the doily softens it. Love it!

Very hard times. Beautiful blending and even though it's a harsh subject, I like that you used the lace to soften the page.

Beautiful use of color and blending! Creates a dynamic record of the difficulties of their journey.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Tamsin
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename