Oscraps

I Stand For Peace
It is terrible times for the people of the Ukraine...It just breaks my heart to see the destruction & persecution of the Ukraine & their people...Feeling powerless to help somehow...I see that others here feel the same way & have posted their beautiful!!! layouts & tributes to the Ukraine!...of support & love...I too am here to post my "Stand" for peace dedicated to the Ukraine & all their people...I just love! the strong blue & yellow colors of the Ukraine!...To me they represent truth,strength & bravery...I have a girl praying intently for the Ukraine...It is certainly a time for praying for peace...now & always...I have a strong distaste for war of all kinds...It only makes a situation worse...& causes so much pain,loss,devastation & destruction...that never ever truly heals...I have included an extraction of a young child protesting in the Ukraine which is courtesy of Matti of Pexels...This photo haunted me & almost moved me to tears...It was powerful to me & I wanted that power to be showcased in my layout...& of course the main theme of my layout is Peace...Imagine Peace?...How could that be?...Praying for peace...Peace should just be an everyday thing...I know I am lucky to live in a place of peace & love...& I only hope these things for the Ukraine & the Ukraine people too...So my large neon peace sign should illustrate my feelings there...& lastly...The red wings...Why red wings? & not blue or yellow?...All could illustrate the theme wonderfully...but I felt that the situation has escalated...& I felt those red wings illustrate that better...They illustrate flight & freedom...but not only that...the red represents loss of love,life, tragedy & blood loss...The layout is very bold & makes a strong statement...& I know it will not be everyone's taste...I understand this very well...but for me,it was important to create this tribute to a heart wrenching situation...A strong dedication to a strong country...[Ukraine] & their strong people...I STAND With UKRAINE...

*Wings by Foxeysquirrel : have been recolored
*Magic Sprinkles by Anna Aspnes have been recolored
*Hearts : Only You By Palvinka Designs
Credits list
I Stand With Ukraine By Foxeysquirrel
Only You Collection 01 By Palvinka Designs

These Pieces Below Are All By Anna Aspnes :
Magic Sprinklez 9
Starry Foto Blendz No 1
Curled Edge Frames No 1

Photo Credits Include :

Matti : Pexels : Child Holding Ukraine Flag [Recolored]
Christian Wiedlger : Unsplash : Neon Peace Sign Photo [Recolored]
Yomex Owo : Unsplash : Imagine Peace Sign {Recolored]
Ben White : Unsplash : Girl Praying [Recolored]
Wonderful tribute! It is hard to believe that war like this, invasions like we saw in world war II, are happening in a modern era. I'm glad the Ukranians are resisting, and like many, feel so sorry for the people, the refugees, and all those whose lives are disrupted. Great color! Thanks for sharing this!

I love the work and also that you took the time to lead us through your thought process. Thank you. It's appalling to me that Putin has garnered such strong support among certain groups here in the USA. The world is certainly complex. Although the overall symmetry of your layout is calming, I feel an undertone of discordance in the colors and patterns that speaks to all the disturbing dimensions of current events. Excellent documentation!

I love the work and also that you took the time to lead us through your thought process. Thank you. It's appalling to me that Putin has garnered such strong support among certain groups here in the USA. The world is certainly complex. Although the overall symmetry of your layout is calming, I feel an undertone of discordance in the colors and patterns that speaks to all the disturbing dimensions of current events. Excellent documentation!
@musicmom3 Yes! indeed the world is a strange place...Some things that are mind-blowingly unexplainable [Putin support among certain groups in the USA]...I am mind boggled by that information...but Thank You! for taking the time to really look at my layout & see the depth of such a painful & complex situation,that I was trying to portray...I'm truly heartbroken for them all...Why does war have to be seen as a solution?...When it only causes more pain,loss & conflict...:confused:...

You tribute is heartfelt and very effective. I appreciate your comments on this dire situation and your thoughtful process in creating this page. The red wings are especially symbolic. Beautifully done.

You tribute is heartfelt and very effective. I appreciate your comments on this dire situation and your thoughtful process in creating this page. The red wings are especially symbolic. Beautifully done.
@Adryane OMG! Thank You! Very Much!!!...I took my time to choose all the right pieces [to me]...To represent the Ukraine & their strong! country & people!...The world is a wonderful place at times...but also a scary one also!...It's so hard to understand why war is an alternative to peace???...It's been inspiring to see all the support for the Ukraine!...My heart wishes for peace!...My soul for solace...Hearts Rhonda...

Such a beautiful and touching page, Rhonda. Your collage work is amazing and the colors are dynamic. I really like the word art, Imagine Peace, and of course, Stop War!! ♥

Layout information

Category
Foxeysquirrel
Added by
RJMJ
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename