Oscraps

House Hunters
Miki

House Hunters

I've used these birdhouses in various other layouts before. But watching the birds in the yard flitting by, building their nests, it reminded me of the HGTV show House Hunters. It's a little busy, but then so are the birds building their nests.

Text reads: Mr. and Mrs. ROBINson are ready to leave the winter weather behind for good. They want to wake up to a beautiful view every morning. Will they choose the cute little bungalow that oozes peace and tranquility in the woods, the town house with a detached man cave or the million dollar view featuring a birdbath, a fitness center, with a climbing ladder and a bird feeder snack bar?
Credits list
This limited option is back at a 53% discount and now includes the coordinating ArtsyTransfers. This product will no longer be available after May 24, 2023 at 9am EST.
Artplay Hearth Collection
Artplay Palette Hearth (paper, overlay, button, ribbons
Artsy Transfers Hearth
Urban Stitchez Home 1
Hearth WordART Mix 1
Artstroke Frames 1

Other
Artplay Palette Summer Breeze (transfers)
Artplay Palette Wilderness (transfer)
Artplay Palette Take Flight (branch, wood birdhouse)
Artplay Palette Pinery (charm)
Artplay Palette Ordinaire (twig)
Artplay Palette Home (label word)
Artplay Palette Harvest (raffia)
Artplay Palette Chatter (tape)
Artplay Palette Natural Instinct (branch, label word)
Artplay MiniPalette Felicitous (bird)
MultiMedia Summer 1 (stick)
Anna Straight Line Stitched White 3
MultiMedia Flowers 14
MultiMedia Birds 1
MultiMedia Holiday 1 (robin)

Process
A solid paper from APP Hearth was used as the foundation for the page. Overlays and AT Hearth_5 were added. The birdhouses were built as clusters using textures, stitches and dimensional embellishments. Splatters, MM Birds 1 brush, more transfers and an Artstroke Frame were added because I don't know how to leave white space alone!

Thank you for looking!
So cute! I love the text you have written to go with those whimsical stitched homes you built.

LOVE it! This is such a creative layout. Your Mrs. Robinson has me singing. I wonder if her babies are called Art and Paul? ;)

This is just so clever, I don't think it's too busy at all! SO many great elements and features (like coloring the houses), I keep finding additional things to look at, like the birds on a wire. Really fun!

A hard choice for those birdies! And they can be so picky! I love the detail and, of course, the story. It's like the beginning of a great children's book!

Love the storytelling behind your cute bird houses. I like your colorful design better than mine. Love ALL the elements you've chosen too. Especially love all the birds on their perches/limbs.

very original design, idea and associations . i can feel your love for birds.

This is absolutely amazing, Miki!! I saw this beautiful site in the newsletter and looked for it in the gallery. I love the nice story behind the scenes!

How creative is this to use the stitches as poles under the birdhouses, I love the colors and all the beautiful elements you have added, this could be an illustration for a children's book, gorgeous!!

Always enjoy seeing your creativity at work. Wonderful bird houses with fantastic little details.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename