Oscraps

Hot Coffee
Joansmor

Hot Coffee

As I sent to post this I realized I was a day late for the lift but oh well I will post here anyway.
Inspiration- I don’t know how but I got it in my head to try a cup of coffee (a latte to be precise) for the challenge.
Start – File>New 12x12 300
Papers – I start with Oscraps-LiveLife-paper-etd laid over the background layer. Then I used Oscraps-Barefot-Paper-VS3 I used as a mat. I added a linear Burn Blend Mode and after I added my focal photo, I added a mask to this paper which I resized and the painted in black on the mask to give it an uneven look.
Transfer – I placed a page overlay over the paper and filled it with a coffee color
Frame – I placed UrbamThreadzFrame4,3 over the mat I had created. I added my photo to the mask layer using Layer>Create Clipping mask.
Elements – I added coffee beans above the focal photo. I took a heart from my collection and right clicked on the thumbnail clicked on Select Pixels, I added a new layer and added a stroke using edit>Stoke at 5 pixels and with a deep red color. I moved the stroke only onto my page. I resized and then duplicated to interlock the two hearts together.
Words – I used the word art Hot Coffee which I duplicated and added a mask to each copy. I placed them inside the hearts and painted in black on the mask to cover in one and hot in the other then maneuvered the layers so one word fit in each heart. Next, I used a wide brush on one new layer to create a wide curved vertical line which I applied a gaussian blur, set the fill to 51 and the opacity to 77. Then using a narrower brush and a slight darker color I I traced over and made to curving lines beside each other. I applied a motion blur to these. I set the fill 74 and the opacity to 28, These two layers were to represent steam off hot coffee.
I am running late! I am glad you posted! This is beautiful and I love the patterned texture brush!

Beautiful coffee shot. Had my first flat white this weekend. Love the addition of the coffee beans.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename