Oscraps

Harana-versary
musicmom3

Harana-versary

NEW Reverie Collection: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Reverie-Collection.html

This layout started with the challenge of how to display a problem photo—a screenshot portrait from an Instagram feed. The irony is, the photo was taken by a well-known fashion photographer, a regular at my daughter's market. He posted the photo and my daughter reposted it, and I grabbed the screenshot, but my result was a tiny, pixelated image. Still, I wanted to preserve the memory of it for my daughter.

Luckily I had a good photo of an anniversary treat and a bit of ephemera that I could also use. I buried the low-quality photo in the gorgeous frame, threw a texture on top, and highlighted the better photo in a corner-slit frame so the positioning looked deliberate and not like I was trying to disguise anything. Well, at least not too much. The ephemera—the take-out receipt from a well-known musician's order, who is also a regular at the market—is blended into the upper left.

I used the Artsy Layered Template with a lot of the layers moved around and some turned off, and did my usual thing with brushwork and the transfer/overlay files in the Artplay Palette. This wasn't an easy layout to do but the collection of digital supplies solved most of my problems nicely.
The photo is so perfect and all you needed, really. All the fuss to get the real deal would take away art time and challenges make art better, in the same way that banned books are the best books. LOL

Don't you hate that you can't save Instagram photos! There is good reason, but still ... :) Even without the celebrity presence, this is an amazing story! Great job using creativity to work with what you have!

Love the gold frame, perfect for a celeb photo shoot! Wonderful warm colors and congrats to them for on the 1 year anniversary!

Congrats to them on their 1 year anniversary!
From your pages, it was clear that it was an exciting year.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename