Oscraps

Goodbye
jeffressbrodi

Goodbye

This was a scraplift from Kim Weiss's Beach page

Journaling reads,
It was a warm day for October. We had loaded up the horse trailer early that morning all ready for the three hour truck ride. We went with Leslie and her horse Sterling. Our final destination was Blue Ribbon Meadows, a hunter/jumper and eventing barn. I had been riding Strapper for about eight months now. We have been working
hard and going to some shows. My main goal was to sell him for ten thousand dollars or more. We arrived in Katy, Texas in the early afternoon. We unloaded the horse trailer and got ready for our last ride. I had a sprained ankle and had not ridden in about two months, but this was my last chance to ride Strapper. We only rode for about thirty minutes or so. It was about all I could handle. Strapper was a super star, like he always was. He was like riding a dream. Every stride was so perfect and smooth. He knew what I wanted before I would ask him to do anything. He even took me over my first three and a half foot jump since I was about sixteen years old. I just closed my eys and he just took me over like he had done it a million times. Every where we would go his beauty would catch everyones eye. Not only was he beautiful, he had the best personality. He would let me ride him through the most difficult jummping or dressage pattern, yet let a five year old ride him over ground poles. He would make sure the rider was always safe. Strapper and I said our goodbyes, but not to dismay. He was bought only a short time later by a young teenage girl and her mother. They were both just learning to ride. I know my boy will help them along their way. I have been back once to
see him. He had gone to a show and won some ribbons. They were proudly displayed on his stall door. At Christmas time he had a stocking hung on his door! Strapper is truely a wonderful and special horse. I am so glad to have had the chance to
train him and ride him. My goal was met in selling him, and then some. We had some great times!! From a race track to the show ring he will always shine. Our last ride was just a new beginning for my dearest Strapper Nick.

Credits:
Everything from Rosemary Kit by Danielle Young
You can get it at Oscraps
http://www.oscraps.com/shop/manufact...ufacturerid=33
Small tag is from Jessica Bolton's Home Life kit
OMG! What wonderful journaling, one of the few that actually brought tears to my eyes!Great story & Wonderful LO!

T
So beautiful Andrea! sounds like a dream horse indeed. Congrats that he went to a wonderful home, and that you had such a great time with him. Beautiful page!

Beautiful! I love your journaling! What a great memory! Love the soft colors & the bare cardboard, they seem to go perfectly!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
jeffressbrodi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout