Oscraps

FAN-tastic
musicmom3

FAN-tastic

I had a photo of a ceiling fan and another (blurry) one of a baby mesmerized by the fan. I got it into my head that the photos should work together with some sort of perspective. But while I saw it so clearly in my head, getting it to happen was another thing altogether. Superimposing the two extractions in a way that roughly approximated my concept took a lot longer than I care to admit. Finding a background Artsy Paper that would work with the color/extractions AND disguise the flaws also took forever. I finally decided on an artsy paper from the Bravura APP, and then used a couple of Bravura Artsy Transfers to jazz things up but mostly to obscure glitches in the fan blades AND, in fact, to even add a fan blade that wasn't in the photo. That was pretty cool. Things got a little intense, though, so I lightened up the layout after flattening the file with a gold gradient at reduced opacity on color dodge blend mode.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and ksacry
Wow, amazing look at the fan blades. When our now 30 year old grandson was little, he too was mesmerized by the fan blades. Who knew what amazing things can be so intriguing to little ones!

Wow, amazing look at the fan blades. When our now 30 year old grandson was little, he too was mesmerized by the fan blades. Who knew what amazing things can be so intriguing to little ones!
I’m thinking the cellophane on the Easter baskets will be the next big hit!

What a fun page! I think you captured the baby's fascination with the fan perfectly. I have a rescue cat that is terrified of the ceiling fan when it is on (who knows why). It never crossed my mind to create a page.

Might have taken a while but a terrific result and glad to read that you persevered.
The gold color is great and that little mesmerized face is a heart-stealer.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename