Oscraps

Family Favorite: A Christmas Story
zlemon

Family Favorite: A Christmas Story

A Christmas Story has long been my family's all time favorite holiday movie. When it first came out some odd 20 years ago, my Mother mistakenly thought it was filmed in Hammond, Indiana. My family had lived there for generations (I was even born there) and she thought we'd recognized some of the streets. The author and narrator grew up in the part of town that we lived in. In fact, the movie's fictional town is named Hohman, which was an actual street in Hammond. We laughed so much during the movie that it became a family tradition to watch the movie with Mom. And even today, whenever family gets together during the holidays we make it a priority to watch this movie together. We learned later that it was actually filmed in Cleveland, Ohio. My Uncle still swears he recognized some of the streets though.

Used the free template from Anna Aspnes in the Advent Collab Smile. Photos from the movie found on pinterest.

Thanks for looking.
Totally my favorite Christmas movie too. We visited the Christmas Story house in Cleveland. It was SO MUCH FUN. Highly recommend going there. We even got to put the bunny ears on our DGS, and right on cue, he cried! The only thing we forgot to do was drive by the Chinese restaurant where they had dinner. I guess it is just a block or two away. Anyway, now the movie is even more fun to watch because we keep saying "BEEN THERE!" Wonderful page to honor the movie. Has it really been 20 years?

What a story and what a tradition that you still watch that movie !

Congrats! Your beautiful layout was just featured in the Oscraps newsletter!

http://www.oscraps.com/shop/news.php

Layout information

Category
2016 Advent Event - December
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout