Oscraps

Ephemeral-Wildflowers
ksacry

Ephemeral-Wildflowers

I planted a wildflower garden. It grew bountifully with various types of flowers. I took pictures at the end of July, thinking I would take more pictures later. Next time most blooms were spent. Harvesting seeds will be my next activity. 27 August 2022
“Why do they not teach you that time is a finger snap and an eye blink, and that you should not allow a moment to pass you by without taking joyous, ecstatic note of it, not wasting a single moment of its swift, breakneck circuit?” – Pat Conroy

Construction: I started with the Ephemeral Artsy Layered Template, deleting most of the frames. I kept 2 stacked frames, rotating them to a vertical direction, and clipped my bee photo to the masks. I moved almost all the layers to the right.
I used ArtPlay Palette Ephemeral Solid Paper #1 for the background, overlaid with a duplicate at Soft Light blend mode to lighten.
I place the Ephemeral FotoBlendz Overlays 19 #4 and clipped my the flower image to the fotoblendz layer. I placed the Fotoblendz between several of the template layers. I added ArtPlay Palette Ephemeral Lace transfer and brushes in various places.
I placed MultiMedia Flowers No. 13 #2 just to the left of the frames and added a flower extraction from the fotoblendz photo to the bouquet. I deleted the pick butterfly and added the bee charm from MultiMedia Flowers No. 13 #4.
I added the title Ephemeral WordART Mix No. 1 word art “Life is Short”, duplicating it coloring it white and offsetting with a drop shadow. The font for the text is Baskerville Old Face.
Credits list
Excellent quote and lovely visual to go along with it. If you do wildflowers again, try some annual milkweed and cosmos (both reseed like crazy)--at least here in NY they bloom through frost. Others are truly ephemeral though. Great use of this release!

Excellent blending of the large photo, the MultiMedia flowers and your small photo.

Beautiful page of flowers and words. I keep wanting to try wildflowers, but with so many weeds, I doubt I could tell the difference and would likely pull them up. But I collected some money plant seeds today, gonna try again.

Excellent quote and lovely visual to go along with it. If you do wildflowers again, try some annual milkweed and cosmos (both reseed like crazy)--at least here in NY they bloom through frost. Others are truly ephemeral though. Great use of this release!
Thank you so much! I love cosmos too and do have a few in my wildflower patch. I haven't tried milkweed. My biggest problem here on the west coast is no sun. I'm surrounded by trees!

Beautiful page of flowers and words. I keep wanting to try wildflowers, but with so many weeds, I doubt I could tell the difference and would likely pull them up. But I collected some money plant seeds today, gonna try again.
Thenk you! Oh I have weeds too. I have pretty much recognized my weeds as small two leaf versions so I get them out really early. I still miss some weeds but my small patch is easy to keep control of. I've had money plants for a few years now. They sort of seed everywhere in my yard. Good luck on your money plants!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename