Oscraps

Encounter at Cane Ridge Heritage1of2
Amandajk

Encounter at Cane Ridge Heritage1of2

Cane Ridge Meeting House was built in 1791 as a log structure one room building. Barton W. Stone famously began his ministry here and it has been the site of many historic events. Best known for a hugely populated revival which crowds numbered in tens of thousands in 1801, it's also known as the birthplace of the "Christian Church" or Congregational brethren. A stone building now houses the original structure which is unmoved. You are even able to walk inside the original structure, much of which looks exactly the way it did in the 18th and 19th centuries. Of course, it is very fragile and there are some newer additions, but it will definitely take you back to that point in Kentucky's history. The church still holds worship services today and all are welcome, as was intended from the day it opened its doors. Many say the space is incredibly sacred, given its history. I definitely agree, my own encounter and that of my husband was so very unexpected and greatly impacted our lives.
Credits list
MdGroot Authentic, Abb JJ, DSP In the Garden, Freebie frame
RJefferies Hope Shines Bright
LGrieveson Richmond, Sanctuary
VStegall Rock on
NBK Magic Swirls
You've shown an interesting piece of history in your wonderful photos. I love the blended background you made and the leaf accents.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Amandajk
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename