Oscraps

Day at the Fire Station
musicmom3

Day at the Fire Station

My son and grandson enjoying a new book from Grandma.

I blended the photo into two background papers with blend modes and layer masks, and then added the multimedia element with the paper airplane. That airplane wound up driving the design, and I deployed a whole bunch of brushes colored light blue from the Artplay Palette to make the background happen in a sky sort of way on the right-hand side. Because of the color of my son's shirt, I used a lot of color burn blend mode to deepen the range of the existing colors of the digital supplies. At the end, I added the curled-edge frame as a sort of viewfinder to add a little dimension and focus.
This is just super blending, it almost has an old fashioned look, like Norman Rockwell in super colors! A beautiful page and story/moment!

You are the master of blending and achieving beautiful rich colors! A touching scene, connecting the 3 of you! Love his rapt interest in the book. Can't go wrong with a Richard Scarry book on fire trucks!

So cute and I love the lighting as well as the blending and the way you used the red.

Fabulous color with and blending and, of course, a wonderful photo.
Love the way that little paper airplane is positioned.

Gorgeous use of color! The photo is reminiscent of a classic illustration! I bet he had a wonderful day!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename